“Nice hotel, ok location”

Continental Inn Hotel
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
London, England
“Nice hotel, ok location”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We just stayed in continental inn, and here is a quick breakdown.

Nice large double room, with a jaccuzi and shower, our room was on second floor facing the street behind the elevator. We did not hear any noise from the elevator, but you could great noise from the street below, it didn't bother us, but may bother light sleepers.

The room was nice, large, and clean, and the jacuzzi was a nice addition. The hotel also has a sauna and scrolling swimming pool.
Break down of transport costs

R45 traxi from airport to hotel
R40 traxi to national park
R90 taxi to argentinia national park
On the last day we haggled with the taxi drivers and they charged us 105 to the park and back to the hotel then the airport.
We got a bits back from argentina. A9 for the buys to the argentina bus terminal, A6 from argentina to brazil side bus terminal then a 20 minute walk uphill to the hotel.

There aren't many places to eat near the hotel unless you are willing to walk 10 - 15 min, we walked write a bit and found it safe.

I would stay there again if I had pre stranded tours, saving you travel costs.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank dej23
Continental I, Guest Relations Manager at Continental Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear guest, we are happy you enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for your comments! Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bransgore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The hotel is easy to find when driving from the airport but it's location on a main road in a slightly scruffy area on the edge of town means there is some traffic noise at night. The hotel offers an efficient valet parking service which meant arriving by car was very convenient.

Our room was a good size and was clean and comfortable. The hotel charges extra for use of a safe deposit box and for WiFi access. The WiFi was quite expensive and the connection was slow and not completely reliable, considering everywhere else we stayed in Brazil has free WiFi which gave a better service this seemed rather a cheek.

The breakfast buffet was good with an extensive range of hot and cold items and the usual good quality fruit and fresh juices, which we enjoyed everywhere in Brazil. We were not so impressed with the evening meal in the a la carte restaurant and chose to eat out after the first evening.

A bonus of this hotel is the very pleasant pool area with a good size circular pool, spacious terrace and bar service. This was very welcome after a days walking around the Falls.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool as this might reduce the road noise experienced on the other...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnnyAsbestos
Hi Johnny, thank you for reviewing our hotel! Best regards!
Tostedt, Germany
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Rooms and the whole hotel have not been renovated for years. Bathroom was extremly dirty and even when we showed the maid the problems (and left a tip) she did not clean it properly.

We stayed 3 days and during the whole period water came down from the cealing in the main entrance hall (it did not rain those days).

Breakfast was OK and pool is situated in a nice corner.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karl-Friedrich H
uk
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Things do not get off to good start when after paying in ful,l in advance, on checking in you are greeted with their is an extra tax to pay! It was not very much but immediately spoilt the tone as I was under the impression "everything" was included. I later discover I need to pay extra for the room safe! Then the internet was a bit pricy! .... Food, drink, water etc available in the room fridge were astronomically expensive compared to purchasing in nearbye shop!
First nights sleep was disturbed by loud music which we thought was coming from a nearby garage. When retiring the second night we agaain heard this loud music. I went down to the ground floor to see if I could locate the source. After some investigation I discovered that it was coming from loud speakers by the pool. No one was ner the pool and no one was listening to the loud music! After reporting the row to reception they turned they eventully turned the music off!
Hotel was used as a base for exploring the falls and it was quite handy for that, although to explore the Argentinian side one needs to go through immigration which can be a lengthy and difficult time consuming process taking up to an hour each way!
Time in Argentina is an hour behind brazil and can cause confusion as my guide turned up an hour later than the allotted time!
I found the hotel staff in this hotel the most unfriendliest and unhelpful that I have ever come across. e.g. question to staff "Is it OK to drink the hotel water?" , answer "You can get water in the room mini bar". Money money money!

Room Tip: If you want to see the Argentinian side of the falls stay in a hotel on the Argentinian side.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank i_tasker
bom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

the hotel is ok .. they charge you for internet and room safe which is suprising , as it is a basic requirement to have a safe in the room . The hotel is a superior three star . walking distance from a mall which was good . the room was big and spacious and also had a jacuzzi in the bathroom . as i was veg , there was not much choice for vegeterians

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank medsBom
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2011

A/C in our room did not work properly. Hotel did move us to another room. Finding an English speaking front desk employee not the easiest. The pool was nice, internet service slow. Large mall located within 3-4 blocks of hotel. There is a money exchange located at the mall and a large food court.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SML53
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2011

During my stay in Brazil, I will be staying in 4 different hotels (3) booked by a tour company, and (1) for a wedding. So far I stayed in a hotel in Rio, Foz do Iguacu and Salvador.
It's a shame because the best one that I stayed in was this hotel in Foz do Iguacu and I was here overnight only.

I noticed that all the hotels that I stayed in so far are just that... so-so, nothing impressive.

INTERNET: Plain and simple - too expensive for sucky download speed. For example, I watch a lot of shows on the internet. It took 6 hours to watch a 1 hour episode. I used speedtest.net to check out their download/upload speed, and in Brazil, because no matter where I went the upload speed was 0.57 or less for mb/s the global average is 8.69 mb/s and at home I get in excess of 25.0 mb/s. The internet SHOULD BE FREE!! because is far below the global average.

OUTSIDE/NEIGHBORHOOD/SURROUNDINGS: Kind of run down kind of look. The hotel looks out of place and my window looked directly into a homeowners driveway and house.

INSIDE: By far, this hotel has the best appearance. The employees were all very nice and helpful. My room had wood floors. The lights worked from the telephone, which was nice. The items in the snack bar was the cheapest. Water 3,30 versus 4,00. The bathroom was nice, the toilet seat was not plastic. The walls were thin.... or maybe I had a very loud talking neighbor.

BREAKFAST: By far, this hotel had the best breakfast layout and a wider variety. I ate around 6:30 in the AM, it opens at 6 - 10, I can't say about the service later in the morning.

Overall, I was happy with my room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family