We spent three nights at the Iguassu Resort and it exceeded my expectations. Everything was bright and clean and the grounds are impressive. You are essentially staying on a golf course. We were in the second cabana behind the main pool. Each cabana has two floors with 4 rooms on each floor - with an adjacent small pool and jacuzzi for each cabana. Our room was in the back and faced the jungle. It was very quiet.
The staff did their best to help us, although few of them speak any English. That can be a challenge at times, but you have to remember that you are in a non-English speaking country so bring a Portuguese-English dictionary.
We were impressed with the security at this property. It is a gated property and the guards at the main gate near the road have night-sticks and wear pistols. After you go through the gate it is still about a half-mile to the hotel buildings and the golf course.
There is a taxi stand right outside the main gate, so getting a taxi is no problem. The main desk will call and they will be there in 5 minutes. We took taxis everywhere. Some sample fares: 30 Reais each way to airport; 30 Reais each way to Brazilian park entrance; 10 Reais each way to nearby souveneir store; 70 Reais to Argentinian park entrance (and 80 Reais to get back because we couldn't find a Brazilian cab and took an Argentinian cab). By the way, the cab drivers took care of all the border crossing paperwork on both the Brazil and Argentine side and we didn't have to get out of the cab (on the Brazil side they had to go into a building to get passports stamped).
There are three restaurants in the main building and they all seemed a little over-priced to me. But on the other hand, most tourist restaurants in Brazil seemed over-priced so this was no different. The buffet breakfast included with the room was excellent.
So if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, safe, affordable place to stay while you check out the falls, then Iguassu Resort will fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wish Golf Resort is located at Foz do Iguacu, which is at the western region of Parana State, 15 minutes from the international airport and 20 minutes from the Iguassu Falls, laid between the borders of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. Accomodation in 215 new apartments, all very cozy and spacious. You can enjoy maximum comfort, surrounded by 555 acres of green area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wish Foz do Iguacu by GJP reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguassu Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- Bourbon Iguassu Hotel
- Wish Foz Do Iguacu By GJP Brazil - Parana