We loved this hotel. The rooms are like little bungalows, very romantic. Our room was spotless and comfortable.
The pool is wonderful but keep in mind that it is popular with families with children so be prepared to share it with lots of little children. On one afternoon the hotel held a water aerobics class which pumped out loud music... not very relaxing especially if you are trying to read a book by the poolside. However this only lasted about 45 minutes.
The food is pretty comprehensive. The breakfasts were nice. It was a buffet with lots of different choices.
The hotel is secluded so if you want to go anywhere you will need to catch a taxi. We didn't bother with going into the city. Instead, we ate our dinner at the hotel. I thought it was good value for a buffet style dinner with a lot of different choices in a romantic atmosphere.
We visited Iguassu Falls and Parque das Aves when we were staying here and it was very easy and cheap to catch the local bus to both these locations. The hotel offers a free trip out to the main road (only a couple of minutes drive) where you can catch the bus from a bus stop every 20 minutes or so. Alternatively you can catch a taxi to those locations easily enough for about $10-15 USD. It took us about 15 minutes to catch the bus to Iguassu and back to the hotel from Parque das Aves. On one day we caught a taxi to Parque das Aves which was a lot faster - about a 5 minute taxi drive.
The staff were really really lovely. They are so polite and professional. They also speak English really well which helps when you don't speak a lot of Spanish/Portuguese. They were some of the best staff I've ever encountered on my travels.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. But keep in mind that it is secluded so if you stay there you will be relying on the hotel's amenities quite heavily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wish Golf Resort is located at Foz do Iguacu, which is at the western region of Parana State, 15 minutes from the international airport and 20 minutes from the Iguassu Falls, laid between the borders of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. Accomodation in 215 new apartments, all very cozy and spacious. You can enjoy maximum comfort, surrounded by 555 acres of green area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wish Resort Foz do Iguacu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguassu Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- Bourbon Iguassu Hotel
- Wish Resort Foz Do Iguacu Brazil - Parana