My wife and I went on a belated honeymoon to Iguacu as she always had the dream of seeing the falls. We were mainly drawn to the hotel as it was the only one in the park on the Brazilian side, and the only one that had a great view of the falls themselves. We have to admit that we were slighly apprehensive due to some of the less complimentary reviews on this site, however we could not have made a better decision.
We had a falls view room and it was incredible. The falls, as a site of natural wonder, have only a few places on earth that could rival them for majesty and beauty - so falling asleep and waking up to them every morning is a thrill that has to be experienced.
The hotel, we felt, really sympathetic to its environment. Its rooms are very colonial in feel - slightly old fashioned and with a predominance of wood - but this is totally commensurate with living in the middle of a rain forest!! The pool is great, so if you want to have a long soak with a few cocktails to wind down from the rigours of everyday work or from a hectic day's sightseeing then you really cannot go wrong. The swallows also enjoy it, and it is really great to watch them swooping down to get a drink.
We cannot comment on the quality of the a la carte restaurant as we did not try it, but the buffet was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana