If you can afford it, then this is a great place to stay when visiting the Brazil side of the falls. Only one inside the Park on the Brazil side. From the front lobby of the hotel, you can see the falls. The start of the falls trail is about 50 meters across the road from the hotel lobby.
We arrived after 2 nights on the Argentina side of the falls. Arrived here by cab. Unfortunately, Argentine taxis are not allowed into this side of the National Park. So the hotel collected us from the entrance area. All very efficient.
We arrived in the morning, but the hotel kindly let us check in. First impressions are typical of a hotel of this standard. Everywhere immaculately clean. Teams of staff cleaning, brushing, polishing and mopping all day long. Cleanest hotel I've ever been to. Typical low rise colonial style building. Wide corridors. Lots of beautifully polished dark wood doors and floors. Very polite staff throughout. Previous guest list would read like a world Who's Who. Incredibly polite Reception staff.
Room - They kindly upgraded us to a junior suite. Good size lounge with nice size TV. Digital safe. Fridge.
Bathroom - Good size with high quality fitments and toiletries. Powerfull hairdryer. Nice tiles. Great shower.
Bedroom - good size again. Super comfy bed with high quality linen. Slept well. A second TV. Plenty of sockets -duel sockets for European round and US flat plugs - 220V. Turndown service during dinner - nice free chocolates and water.
Pool - Great heated pool after walking the falls. First class service. Free fruit kebabs. Very comfy loungers. No stained padding here!! Immaculate gardens.
Food - Had lunch by the pool. High quality snacks at reasonable prices. We had dinner at the buffet. Again a high standard. Huge choice of BBQ meats. Not cheap, but easier than a taxi trek into Foz town and back. Excellent breakfast with champagne. Very attentive service.
We could not fault this place in any way. They have thought of everything for your comfort and enjoyment. Allowed us to check out at 13.00, so we did the falls train again. We regretted only booking here for one night. Very sad to leave, could have done with a few nights more. Great value at the price we paid for a superb hotel with excellent service. If onyl all hotels were as good as this.
Taxi to Foz airport fixed price BR$45.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana