This hotel is in beautiful colonial style and like the previous 3 hotels on our trip to Peru and Brazil, is owned by Orient Express so we were surprised that most staff did not speak English sufficiently to be able to help. In addition we booked a deluxe room which the hotel website says 'all deluxe rooms have a garden view'. We had wanted a Falls view but no rooms were available so we settled for garden view and paid a supplement accordingly. We were disappointed to find that our room had a view of the road outside and so did our friends' room. We asked the duty manager about this and were told, with no concern at all, that the website is wrong! Not good enough for Orient Express at all. They offered us a free dinner but did not include any drinks - tbh we would have soonered that we got the room we paid for as our supplement was more than the free dinner.
Having said all of this, our room 2201 was a lovely room provided you didn't look out of the window, the pool is beautiful and tHey bring round cold towels, fruit etc all day long. Breakfast was disappointing as they were unable to cook poached eggs or fried eggs without totally ruining them so we stuck to omelettes. The location allowed us to do a pre breakfast walk of the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls before it is open to the public. This was a fantastic experience and allowed us to contrast the views with the Argentinian side. The walk out onto the Devils Throat bridge was incredible but very wet - it actually felt as if you were standing in the middle of the falls. We saw the most spectacular rainbows including the first full circular one I have ever seen so it was worth staying here just for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana