This is certainly the best hotel experience we've ever had.
We chose it because of its location: right inside the Iguacu Cataratas Parque, which meant that we had the cataratas to ourselves between 6pm and 9am-which is access for visitors.
Apart from a lot of coatis and innumerable birds we didn't meet much wildlife ( being there a bit off season, there weren't any fruit for the monkeys to get), without counting the numerous XXL reptiles which were taking in the sun right under our window.
The property stretches on a large area, being only one storey high, surrounded by a perfectly manicured lawn with palm trees, a pool open all day/night long,and further on by forests of the lushest green-no wonder, since the air is filled in the morning with a fine spray coming from the neighbouring falls.
The breakfast buffet includes all one might want, let alone sparkling wine and smoked salmon, plus a generous amount of fruit-some of which I hadn't seen before. Waiters are there to cater for all your needs, birds do their thing right beside you, butterflies gently land on your table (if you let them)....
The room we stayed in is generous in proportions, furnished with a fine touch of colonial style, the floors are glimmering hardwood which is a treat for the soles of your feet, rooms are attended to twice a day, toiletries are excellent quality, bathrobes are friendly....
The overall feeling you have is that of being pampered and waited upon every moment, without feeling under pressure from too much caring ( like in other places)-staff are well trained to make you forget they even exist!
The reception staff speak good English and cater to all your needs;there is a free shuttle to take you to/from the hotel to the entrance of the park. We arrived late at night and were met by their taxi at the airport ( 1a.m.).
The gym looks onto the patio, is supplied with fresh water, apples, towels and opens on the pool area; I was the only one there for 2 days consecutively.
There is more to tell about this wonderful hotel, but we only spent 2 nights there and weren't able to check it all out.
Downside? The price, of course, but in this cruel world everything comes at a price; in this case at least it is fully justified!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana