If you want to spoil yourself look no further than the Hotel Das Cataratas. I spent two nights at the hotel in October with my husband to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and I cannot fault the hotel or the staff. Yes its pricey but it is worth every penny.
The views are absolutely breathtaking, the staff are attentive, the rooms spotless and the meals excellent.
The views from the Mirante Tower were stunning - not only of the falls but of the whole of the Cataratas Parque.
We ate in the buffet barbeque restaurant on our first night and in the A La Carte restaurant on the second night. On each occasion the waiters were very attentive, making sure that drinks were topped up and seating you at your table.
As we had a full day planned for our second day we had a reasonably early night so didn't try out the bar until our second night when we enjoyed a few drinks of Cachaca - and a taste of some of the special bottles of Cachaca courtesy of the bar waiter!
Unfortunately we had an early morning flight to catch but there was a cold buffet breakfast laid out in reception so that we could eat before being driven to the airport.
I hope that we can return some day and enjoy the pool area and the spa which, due to time constraints, we were unable to do on this trip.
Definitely worth every penny!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana