Spent 2 nights at Das Cataratas during visit to Brazil. The Iguacu Falls are spectacular and no better way to experience them than from this hotel which is situated 100mtrs from the falls and 11km inside the National Park. During the day there are many visitors, but outside the Park's opening hours, residents have free access to view the falls at their leisure. For us this included an organised midnight walk to view the lunar rainbow.
Hotel is colonial-style. Well finished with a great pool area. Basic rooms are small - ours was a 'superior' room in the Tower Wing (which means at the back of the hotel). Expect to pay a hefty premium for falls-view.
Breakfast is buffet-style as is the evening BBQ meal in the restaurant by the pool. There is also an upscale restaurant. Food is OK rather than spectacular. Service by the pool and in the bar/terrace in the evening - was excellent.
A hugely memorable stay - but for the falls rather than the hotel. Expensive and not the best Orient-Express hotel we've stayed in, but you can't fault the magnificent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana