There's not much to say here that the photo above doesn't already put into a picture for you. The Falls are right across the street, and they are yours alone until the national park opens at 9AM. The hotel is obviously within the park and you have access to all the views by yourself if you rise early. After 9, hundreds of tourists descend on the same trails that you had to yourself before.
Accomodations are decent, clean. The beds are comfortable and there is nothing to complain about. The rooms could be bigger but if youre smart, you'll be out of them early and use them for a shower after a long day. The food is outstanding, with buffets that will fill you up with Argentine barbecue (grilled meats and offal) for hours at a time. There's a beautiful swimming pool, though the Falls are the wonder here. You only need a full day on this Brazilian side of the Falls to see all the vistas. The other side in Argentina is 30 minutes away, and allows you very close access to the falls themselves. You should spend at least one day on this side as well, as the experiences are completely different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana