Amazing experience from start to finish. The hotel is not cheap. It is however inside the national park Iguazu and this means you get to do the falls walk way before any tourists arrive in the morning and also the sunsets from the bar terrace.
We had fantastic service in all the restaurants for dinner lunch and breakfast. In the bar there were 8 members of staff working so anything you order is delivered almost immediately. The restaurant welcomed us with champagne and the menu was a wide range of international dishes. The waiters knowledgable and courteous. Breakfast was a buffet feast with an egg station, a wide selection of fruits and pastries, juices and champagne.
Everywhere in the hotel was spotlessly clean with what looked like a million staff all working hard.
The building is colonial style and the rooms are fabulous. We asked for a quiet room and had room 2226 which was a garden room with a small balcony from where we could see the pool. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area, again it's not cheap but you certainly get amazing service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana