We arrived 1st January and had booked a double de luxe room and were sure it was a falls view, however not! Check in was appalling waited an hour in heat with no AC, told room would be ready in 20 minutes, hour later had to ask, got to a tiny basic room, full of mosquito's, no net or plug in, a gap in the patio doors allowing insects in. All hotel offered was a spray, and 5 minutes later room was full again, demanded to see the manager but showed 2 other rooms smoking, although we asked for no smoking, eventually after 2 hours of sitting in reception with a bathrobe Manager appeared and gave us a suite overlooking the pool, kept telling us this was 3 upgrades but to be honest the suite also had some faults, and after what we had paid in the first place was what we would have expected for an Orient Express.
Pool was good, food was good at the pool and in the Itaipu resteraunt worth paying for, although the Buffett resteraunt was overpriced for average quality.
Excellent location to walk the falls, but you still have to pay entry into the park on arrival and Taxi can only go as far as the Park Gates, you then have to go rest of the way on a minibus, don't waste money on an airport transfer as only a couple of minutes away and Taxi very cheap, we got stung for £80 for a £10 journey, and still had to pay park entry on top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana