We had a wonderful time in Hotel das Cataratas. The location is truly amazing - nothing beats the sunset on the falls, when the park is closed: so worth paying more! Do get up early to visit the Brazilian side of the falls, while the paths are deserted (the park opens at 8am or 9am, I can't remember): plenty of racoon-like monkeys, huge butterflies, amazing insects - and amazing pictures! As soon as the park opens, it gets really hard to take a picture with nobody in it - and to relax.
We had dinner in the bar, as the buffet dinner was very pricey for what it was, and the restaurant had no atmosphere whatsoever - the burgers and club sandwich were really nice (around eur15). Bring your mosquito spray and sit outside on the terrace: you can hear the rumbling of the falls. Breakfast is served on the terrace near the swimming pool and is really nice and varied (go for a morning dip between two cups of tea!).
The swimming pool is really nice, with different depth levels: careful, the step is pretty high between levels! The staff comes around with tasters of their different drinks. Try the iced tea with fruits - amazing!
The room was fantastic, quite big - facing the 'road', but we really didn't hear the numerous tourist buses during the day - literally no traffic at night, as the park is closed. Room service is very efficient - they even folded our pyjamas and arranged our toiletries and toothbrushes in geometrical order! And you get free flipflops!
We were there for 2 nights with our 7-months-old baby, and the staff was so attentive, everybody was very kind and caring.
We so loved the place we didn't even try to go to Foz do Iguaçu, the nearby town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana