Excellent experience. Top notch service.
Booked through a discount travel site, and was expecting to get the smallest room. We were actually upgraded to a gorgeous junior suite.
Breakfast and dinner buffet were very good. We had a reservation at their a la carte restaurant but decided to go to the buffet for the second night, since the variety and quality was quite good. (I'm still trying to find an outstanding Argentinian Shiraz they serve by the glass. But it does not appear it's exported to the US).
There is no need to use the travel agency inside the hotel for a trip to the Argentinian side of the falls. The valet called a taxi for us that was 1/2 the price. Very good and punctual driver.
As everybody says, go across the street to see the Brazilian side early in the morning before the park opens to the general public.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana