Visited Foz de Iguacu in March 2008 for 3 day/ 2 nights.
Location: AMAZING – the hotel has an uninterrupted view of the Brazilian side of the falls and is the only hotel located inside the park (on the Brazilian side). We had a standard/basic room and somehow we ended up with a room with a direct view of the falls – very lucky!
Food: Breakfast was in the main dining room which had all the windows & doors open, which added to atmosphere, but unfortunately most of the cheese & fruit was covered in little bugs – Yuck, not very pleasant.
On the first night we had dinner in the dinning room which was very average and the service was hap hazard.
On the second night we had dinner at the pool side BBQ – which was OUTSTANDING! There was an excellent selection of food, a great location and good service. The only issue was the price, from memory around $75 US dollars each – Very expensive. But it was worth experiencing for one dinner.
Reception: Staff friendly, informative and helpful
Rooms: Very old, very dated and most of the furniture looked like it would break if touched. But everything was clean and functional – big plus! Also at night the bathroom had lots of little bugs around the basin.
Overall the hotel rooms needs a big face lift, we were told that the hotel had recently changed hands and was now owned by the Orient Express group who were doing a major overhaul of the rooms, which I think if it happens will make this hotel amazing. But what we appreciated the most was the amazing location of the hotel and that the falls were literally two steps outside the front of the hotel which we believe was worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Belmond, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana