We looked at many hotels on both sides of the border at the falls and eventually gave in and decided to spend the cash - not a cheap hotel, but it was worth it.
We only had two nights there and could have done with another but by staying in the park you really can make the most of your time there. With a room overlooking the falls we could see and hear them all the time which was fabulous. They were apparently running particularly high when we were there after a lot of rain two days before we arrived, then perfect weather, so we were really lucky.
The hotel, as others have commented, is lovely, the service is great and am sure when the renovations are complete it will be spectacular. But the restaurant (though again, it still boasts good service) is both expensive and limited - and since you really are pretty much stuck there, we resented having to pay a lot for not much.
Otherwise the travel agent, all the front desk staff and even the maids were endlessly helpful and polite and we would recommend the hotel without reservation - if you can afford it.
The clincher for us was definitely going for a walk in the morning before the park opened and quite literally having the entire network of paths and viewing platforms of the Brazilian side to ourself - we didn't see another person in the entire hour we were walking. Being alone with those falls was truly special and worth paying just for that.
Oh and if you can get a waterproof camera before you go, it's a great thing to have on the jet boat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana