It's really the best place to stay in Foz do Iguacu.
Location: inside the brazilian side of the Iguacu waterfalls. Perfect. Outside the park opening hours, you can have the waterfalls only for yourself, without the crowds... As we went running in the morning, you see all animals, monkeys in the trees - just amazing nature. And the sunset at the hotel is just beautiful
Rooms: very chic colonial style, spacious, great bed, good shower. Although the hotel does not "sell" their rooms because of the view, you can request it during your booking. Beautiful!!
Service: fantastic. Everyone is really helpful, very friendly, and they really do their upmost for you. And they all speak english! :-)
Hotel facilities: the swimming pool is great, and the breakfast is delicious! For dinner, the restaurant is ok - the service is great but the food is nice, but not fantastic and rather expensive (about 3x as expensive as a good restaurant in the city) - but it's not worth to leave the hotel for it.
What i didn't like: the airport is less than 15 min away from the airport in a straight line. however, the hotel charges 90BRL p.p, which is outrageous. Just take a taxi - will cost you about 30BRL. If you are with two persons, you will save 150BRL (about 60EUR). The same applies for the packages they offer leaving directly from the hotel, everything is super over charged - and although i don't mind paying a premium for the service, it was just too much.
A few tips:
- do the extra effort to wake up early and enjoy the park before all the tourist crowds.
- there is no need to rent a car, just take taxis. It's still cheaper and you don't have to worry about maps and all.
- MUST do's: Brazilian side, argentinian side, macuco safari and the helicopter tour. the bird park is also nice. two to three days are enough to see it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana