Even tho I arrived a bedraggled wet mess from a lengthy delayed flight and hot drive from the ARG airport - I was still treated at check in like royalty.
I was upgraded from a smaller twin room to a deluxe suite in the Garden Wing. Giant bed bigger than king sized - with a fantastic choice of pillows. I had room 2203 on the 2nd floor (note - no lift that I was able to locate - only a big glamorous flight of stairs - be sure to utilise the bell boy for luggage!).
I was given a personal guided tour of the complex which is quite sprawling and one could easily get lost in !!
Room contained complimentary thongs (flip flops to some) and I soon realised this was helpful due to the highly polished floors !!. Comp chocolate, a plug adaptor for computer cord (free wifi), lovely quality (and abundant supply) toiletries, hand written weather forecast supplied, dressing gowns, good air con, large safe with a power socket inside so you can charge laptops etc while they are locked away.
Room service was reasonabley priced and delicious. Breakfast was abundant in the buffet but I think a lot of things required better labeling as I saw a lot of westerners trying to work out what things were !! The service was of high quality.
There was a downpour during breakfast and large umbrellas were immediately made available to all. Free raincoats were handed out to those about to start the walk along the falls.
I wish I had the time to have stayed longer - rather than just the one night. I had made the choice to have one night here and one night in the Sheraton (far inferior). If I was recommending this hotel to friends I would suggest 3 nights to ensure they make the most of the elegance/luxury, the spa and the extremely close proximity to the falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana