Out of 9 hotels in 4 countries that we stayed in during our trip to S. America, Harbor Hotel Colonial was the only place we regretted having booked. Here's the story: We didn't have enough time for open-buffet breakfast as we had a daily tour that awaited us very early as well, so we packed ourselves 2 sandwiches (2 slices of bread with cheese in them) in our breakfast table; the F&B manager came and pointed fingers and said that we can't take food outside. We said we didn't have enough time and we had to catch the tour -which we booked from the hotel as well- and we were told that we should have woken up early! We said that all we expected was a hospitable approach but he gave an ultimatum and left. Leaving the sandwiches on the table, we went over to the reception and insisted that we see the hotel manager. Reception told that the hotel manager won’t come because she did not speak English! We told them that we were behaved as if we were stealing food from the hotel and the disrespectful attitude of the F&B manager disappointed us. We insisted on him to come and explain why. He did, saying that the hotel manager was also there and he didn't want to make her mad by letting us make sandwiches; that was why he had to act rude! What matters to us as guests in a hotel is a welcoming attitude, not a rude notice about why we can't have breakfast because we overslept. Unclean pools or unclean room or tasteless food are minor details but this incident told us a lot about the approach of the management .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Facilities devoted to the Fun and Relaxation." Located 1 km from the International Airport of Foz do Iguacu and near the Falls, the Harbor Hotel Colonial was designed to provide the best and most complete recreational facilities. Besides all the infrastructure for leisure, Harbor Colonial Hotel, offers spacious apartments with air-conditioning, music, cable LCD TV, private telephone, minibar and Free Wi-Fi. At Harbor Colonial Hotel, you will not only enjoy an environment with elegance and comfort but also may hold your event with all the infrastructure that conventions and events deserve. It has a room designed for up to 200 people and a choice of coffee breaks. Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Comfortable and warm environment with air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Colonial Iguacu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Hotel Colonial Foz Do Iguacu
- Harbor Hotel Colonial And Spa
- Hotel Colonial Iguacu Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana