My wife and I , late fifties, English, tourists, no portuguese, stayed for four days to see the falls. Some reception staff speak English. Waiter Ederico, took us under his wing meal-times and looked after us explaining everything we needed to know in English. Very kind and helpful.The most proffessional waiter you've ever been served by!
Food and booze great. Great value, buffet style. Help yourself to food. Wine & drinks served at table and plate clearing service prompt and attentive.
Public areas attractive and clean. Rooms a bit old fashioned but perfectly clean. New towels whenever you need 'em. Maid service every day.
Big plus is the outstanding attention from every member of staff. Thanks guys, we had a great time.
Do yerself a favour. Forget taxis & use the bus. It's one stop (towards the cataratas) from the Airport to the hotel and costs 2.3 reais ( about 60p ) each. A taxi cost us 17 reais plus tip for a three minute ride!
The bus runs from Foz centre to the falls park and back all day long and costs 2.3 reais no matter how far you go. Bus stop is just outside the hotel. Ask at reception. Better still, leave reception , turn left and walk to the falls. The park entrance is about twenty minutes walk.
We caught the bus toward Foz one day. Got off just outside Foz and caught the Argentina bus. Easy to spot, it says 'Argentina' on the destination plate! Drops you at the border. Walk through border control (take yer passport) change some money to Argentine Pesetas ( we changed £400 reais for the day. It was plenty.) and catch the bus to 'Terminal'. Once at Terminal ( about 15-20 minutes) get a ticket from the ticket office to Iguazu cataratas. You get to the falls in about half an hour. Again, ask about it at reception.
Never thought I would go on a day trip to Argentina.
A great evenings entertainment is to be had at the Rafain Show in Foz. brilliant display of music and dance from all countries of South America. Tango from Argentina, Hat dance from mexico, pan pipes from Peru, got the idea? Fantastic show ,Bit like a family circus troupe , you keep seeing the same faces popping up on stage throughout the evening. Stick your tongue in your cheek, join in, it's brilliant fun! First you get a big fat churasco dinner .Great value for money . They can fix you a trip at one of the tourism desks in reception. Whole thing , dinner, show and transport both ways was about 80 Reais each. ( £20/25 ?) plus drinks. Even then I was pleasantly surprised, our two or three beers cost next to nothing.
We were so well looked after by everyone we met.Thanks everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Facilities devoted to the Fun and Relaxation." Located 1 km from the International Airport of Foz do Iguacu and near the Falls, the Harbor Hotel Colonial was designed to provide the best and most complete recreational facilities. Besides all the infrastructure for leisure, Harbor Colonial Hotel, offers spacious apartments with air-conditioning, music, cable LCD TV, private telephone, minibar and Free Wi-Fi. At Harbor Colonial Hotel, you will not only enjoy an environment with elegance and comfort but also may hold your event with all the infrastructure that conventions and events deserve. It has a room designed for up to 200 people and a choice of coffee breaks. Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Comfortable and warm environment with air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Colonial Iguacu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Hotel Colonial And Spa
- Harbor Hotel Colonial Foz Do Iguacu
- Hotel Colonial Iguacu Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana