This is a nice, large hotel just over the border between Argentina and Brazil. We booked through a travel agent, so we got a lower price; however, I would definitely not pay the $350-$450 advertised price. The walls of the rooms are very thin--so thin, I thought the man sneezing in the bathroom next to my room was actually in my bathroom.
There is a nice heated pool with a waterfall and a nice sauna in the spa. The downside was that the spa closed at 18:00.
The bar is nice with good appetizers and caipiroskas.
The breakfast at the hotel was the best part, complete with a waffle station and omelette station.
A downside to staying here and not in one of the parks is that you pay a very high amount to travel to the parks by taxi. We were offered a trip inside the hotel for 140 Brazilian Reals. We went to a taxi stand outside and got a lower price of 120 reals. For what you save by not staying in the park, you pay for in taxis. If I went back to Iguazu, I'd probably stay in the Sheraton on the Argentine side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 12 km from the Iguassu Falls – named one of the New 7 Nature Wonders -and 10 km from the Foz do Iguaçu International Airport, the Bourbon Cataratas occupies a total area of 165 thousand m². The hotel offers a complete structure for business and leisure in perfect harmony with the exuberant nature in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bourbon Cataratas Convention & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bourbon Cataratas Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- Bourbon Cataratas Convention Hotel
- Hotel Bourbon Cataratas Convention
- Bourbon Cataratas Convention & Spa Resort Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana