Hotel Rouver
US$420
Del Rey Hotel(Foz do Iguacu)
US$52
US$45
Hotel Colonial Iguacu(Foz do Iguacu)
US$81
US$68
US$124
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssimple hotelnice poolbreakfast was includedthe busbird parksupermarketpesosairportargentinafalls
Reviewed 5 January 2012

stay there!! if you're looking for good price and service, that's the place. i stayed there for 4 days with my husband and son and it was nice. the staff is friendly and helpfull and the location is great. you can take a regular bus in front of the hotel and go anywhere you want, or if you have a car there is free parking. the pool is very nice too. the room is simple, there isn's a wardrobe, just some shelves and a table, but it's ok if you're travalling on a budget. i'm gonna stay there again if i ever return to foz.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank manuelaonline
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I´ve stayed in Hotel Rouver for 3 nights. We were a group of four (me, two 50-y.o. women and a teenager), and we stayed in separate rooms. The hotel offers 3 types of accomodation (standard, luxo/luxury and super luxo/suite). We stayed at luxo rooms.
This is not a great hotel, but is very functional. It´s a nice place if you want a clean, reasonably comfortable place to sleep.

LOCATION
It is located in a main avenue of Foz do Iguaçu, close to downtown, with easy access to public transportation (bus) for the main touristic areas. There were a supermarket, drugstores, groceries and other stores nearby, within walking distance.

ROOMS
My mother and I had a luxo room each one. My room faced the main avenue, but it was not noisy at night. It was clean and comfortable, although it was simple. The bathroom was also clean and functional. There was no AC in this type of room, but now I know they have put it.
Our friend stayed with her teenager son in a suite (super luxo room), which is more expensive and has more comfort. This suite had a balcony also.

SERVICE
The front desk employees were kind, polite and very helpful.
The breakfast was very good, with fresh breads, ham, cheese, eggs, milk, cakes, different types of fruits etc.
They offered internet service, at the lobby, at low cost. By the time I was there, I didn´t pay attention for wireless, as I didn´t have a notebook.
There was a parking lot for guests, free of charge.
There was also a swimming pool, but we didn´t try it.

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS
I would stay again at Hotel Rouver. Although it is a simple hotel, it is clean, quiet and reasonably comfortable. I prefer to spend money with the tours in Foz do Iguaçu, as some of them are a bit expensive (like the Macuco Safari).
If you´re looking for a place to relax and spend the day, I think this is not the hotel for you. But if you just want a good place to spend the night, without bed bugs, be welcome.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank Viking_Janaluna
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Stayed here as part of a 2 day tour to Iguassu Falls,

Rooms were o.k - clean, a single and a double bed, basic but a bit noisy. They are apparent installing triple glazing soon. Rooms did have a working t.v and a fridge. Bathrooms were o.k.

Free wifi available in the room which was nice.

Nice pool out the back which we had to ourselves - it was very cold though but great for coolng off.

Breakfast was included - again basic but did the job.

Location o.k - there were a few bars and restaurants close by.

Overall a good budget hotel but I would probably opt to stay on the Argentina side next time.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrizBristol
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of tour of Iguazu.
For the price we paid for the overall trip this was an acceptable standard of hotel.
Yes the patio doors were locked with a padlock and the room was lit by a neon strip light...
But the room was clean, breakfast basic but ediable,
all we were doing was sleeping at night so it was fine for us.
If you want a basic hotel this is fine, if you are looking for the Ritz try else where.
There's a Pizza Hut, McDonalds and half dozen local bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UKRob
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Hotel was very simple but really nice. It was freezing (-3C) while i was there so stuff provided me with a few extra blankets. Hot shower and TV in English was really nice too.
It is located next to the main bus stops - one to Parque Nacional do Iguacu (30 mins) and one to Itaipu Binacional (20 mins) - two main attractions. Internet and breakfast are provided.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo