“Good budget option if you can avoid the noise!”
Review of Hotel Rouver

Hotel Rouver
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Adelaide, Australia
“Good budget option if you can avoid the noise!”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We had a side room with louver screens that didn't have glass, and hence no screening of traffic noise. I would only stay here again if staff could assure of a quiet room away from the traffic noise. Otherwise very clean, basic accommodation, with very nice pool and games area at the rear. Breakfast features a LOT of cake options and your usual array of fruit, cheese etc. Hotel feels like there is a little lack of love and enthusiasm even thought it is family owned and run. Great location for bus to the falls and bird park. Huge supermarket over the road has very cheap and reasonable by the kilo meals and snacks. Handy for our young kids!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room/ room away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tabithaws

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

For a very reasonable price you get great facilities: pool, games area, free wifi, a very decent breakfast spread. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

The only issue is the location of the hotel right next to a major road/ junction, which means there's a lot of traffic noise, especially at night, when people seem to enjoy playing incredibly loud music from their cars, and you get treated to a blast of whichever vibrating bass line they've chosen as they wait at the traffic lights. Good earplugs saved us, but not recommended for light sleepers.

Room Tip: I suspect rear-facing rooms would be quieter, but maybe not much...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katalina75_12
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights due to its price, location and the free breakfast. The rooms were plain but adequate, the breakfast could easily be skipped, and the service is good. They have a pool with a loose liner but was still nice to relax on their loungers. For $50 a night its pretty good value for money in Foz.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor. It's a budget hotel but better than we expected. Free airport pick up included. Bus stop outside which has buses going to Iguassu falls and the airport. It's close to a supermarket and only a short stroll away from the local town (20-30mins). Breakfast sufficient for filling you up in the morning. Only minor was the cold shower! Also wifi only available in reception. But for the price it's definitely worth it.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank nutmeg321
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We arrived in Foz for a two day stopover in order to see the waterfalls. Getting to the hotel from the airport was easy as we used one of the radio taxis outside the airport terminal. I am sure if you book a taxi through the hotel or use a bus it would knock some $RS / £ off the cost. The hotel itself is very well located, and has a bus stop practically on its door stop. The bus stop on the same side as the hotel will take you towards Argentina or the waterfalls amongst other destinations. Note that the bus stop on the other side of the road will take you towards the city centre. There is also a taxi office opposite the hotel entrance which we used to take us back to the airport when we were leaving (the price was less from hotel to the airport than the other way).

The hotel itself has a nice lobby so initial impressions were good. Unfortunately, I don't speak Portuguese or Spanish so communicating with the person on reception wasn't great. I would suggest paying when you check out as that seems to be the normal thing to do in Brazil. I made the mistake of paying upfront and couldn't get a receipt of payment due to the language barrier so I spent some time worrying that I couldn't prove I had paid if that became an issue. It didn't, but better safe than sorry I guess.

As soon as we had dropped off our bags in the hotel room, we headed off to the Brazilian side of the waterfalls taking a bus from outside the hotel. We ended up checking which bus to take by asking a receptionist in the hotel across the road so kudos to them for helping us out. You will need to signal the bus to stop as they won't automatically stop just because you are at the bus stop. It only costs a few $RS and will take you to the park entrance. I definitely recommend taking the bus rather than a taxi as it will save you at least 30$RS. The buses are pretty regular too, so you shouldn't have too much problem getting on one.

For dinner, there are plenty of restaurants down the road towards the city centre. We went to the "beer gardens" for food on both nights as the food was really good and steak orientated but there are lots of choices within easy walking distance including McDonalds, Japanese, Arabic and of course Brazilian buffets.

The hotel room we booked was a twin room with an en-suite. The room was spacious and had a small balcony for smoking (not really a nice view as it was of the building next door but that wasn't really a concern). The room was clean with towels, sheets, soap and air con provided as standard. There was also a small fridge which was very useful. Noise at night was fairly minimal. I had taken ear plugs anyway so I didn’t find it a problem even though the hotel is on a main road. The hotel also has free Wi-Fi so that is useful for finding out any travel information if you also have problems asking the hotel staff.

The buffet in the hotel was probably the best one I had while in Brazil, there was a nice selection of cakes and fruit. However, if you like your fried breakfasts you may have a bit of trouble in Brazil as they don't seem to really do that there except in the hostels.

Overall, our stay in the hotel was good; we didn't have any problems with the room or the location. The price was also one of the cheapest ones I could find at the time of booking. When we were checking out, they did try and charge us twice for drinks we paid for in the lobby (we had paid upfront) but due to a lack of a common language the receptionist didn't continue insisting which is just as well really. This leads me onto the only negative point I can find was that none of the receptionists (4 of them in total) could speak any English and considering it is a hotel in a popular Brazilian tourist destination I was surprised as English tends to be a common universal language. As I have already said though, this wasn’t a huge issue in the end as we found out everything we needed to know on the internet.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MancWanderer
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel is located inside the main city of Foz Iguazu and because of it has easy access to many places (like a supermarket for some grocery shopping or by the kilo buffet), not too many blocks away are most of the bars and restaurants and also is near the bus stop where you can get anywhere in Foz (The National Park, The Airport, Ciudad del Este, etc) with a simple R$3 bus fare. That way you save lots on food and transportation which you can use to spend on more attractions and/or shopping in Ciudad del Este.

As for the accomodation I stayed on a Luxury suite with Cable TV and A/C, the only bad thing that happened to me was that the A/C was very low on coolant fluid so it chilled the room at a very slow rate, however for our luck the days we stayed on Foz were not very hot.

Also the breakfast is one of the best I've seen for a hotel of this category, it definetly was very varied with an assortment of fruits/cakes/bread and juices. I didn't had the chance to enjoy the pool but I've heard it was a very nice one.

Also as a final thing the hotel owner was very honest about on overcharge i accepted by mistake on our room rate, for some reason the hotel recepcionist charged me more for my room than I booked for (maybe the difference between the actual rates and the ones I booked 3 months in advance) and the owner contacted me the next day by email to ask for my account info so he could deposit the excess money they charged. Definetly a great experience and would definetly come back.

TIP: If you plan on staying at this hotel and don't mind carrying your bags, you can take the bus in front of the aiport (no more than 200m away from the entrance) and for a R$3.00 bus fare you can get down at the bus stop just across the hotel, that way you save about $35-50 reais on arranged pickup from the airport or taxi cab fare. Bus run as early as 5:30am and up to midnight.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper dont ask for rooms with a street view since its very noisy out there even...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ravager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Best thing that can be said for.this place is that it's cheap. We choose it because we were only staying one night but on reflection whilst it is clean, the hotel is v run down. Rooms are very basic and ideally you'll bring you're own sleeping bag. Front facing rooms are noisy. Breakfast was a wide selection of cakes but had eggs and sausage. Overall though can't complain considering price we paid.
One final note, whilst there was nothing wrong with the place, it's defo not hotel standard.

• Stayed July 2012