Foz is not a great place. In fact, it's a bit of a dump. There is absolutely no reason to go there except to visit the Falls. I think this hotel was the best in town, which considering the number of tourists that visit, it is surprising that there are not more nice hotels.
The Golden Tulip is a decent enough hotel but it needs a refurbishment. I think that the Golden Tulip group must have only recently taken it over and you could see that in some areas refurbishment was beginning to take place.
The room was big, as was the bed - which was pretty comfortable. The shower and bathroom were good but there was an odd padded toilet seat which was bizarre.
The location was fine as it was close to the bus station where you can easily catch the bus to the national park.
The staff were good and I think the hotel will be really nice once it is refurbished. At the moment it is basically a decent place to stay in a town that lacks anything better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Park International Foz is ideally located in the commercial centre. It features a swimming pool, fitness centre and a sauna. The Iguacu Waterfalls are 20 km away and the Foz do Iguacu Airport is 15 km away.Foz Golden Park International provides rooms with cable TV, a minibar and air conditioning. In addition the hotel also offers restaurants,bars, a laundry facility and a business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Park Internacional Foz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Internacional Foz Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- Mercure Foz De Iguassu
- Accor Foz De Iguassu
- Golden Park Internacional Foz Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana