“Ocean side relax”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Porto de Galinhas
Santiago, Chile
“Ocean side relax”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I went there just looking for place close a conference venue. Since I arrived all the staff were nice and ready to help in case of any doubt or need. The hotel has a restaurant with nice alternatives of north-east brasilean food. At the beginning I though that I was only going to eat there for breakfast (really good by the way), but one day we tried the food and we were really surprised with the quality of it. They took their time to bring the food to the table, but the wait was worth of it. In few words: fresh, yummy and the size of the plates was good as well.
All the rooms face to the beach, which is not recommended for swimming. So, I had something that I really like: the sound of the beach all day long! If you are someone who doesn't like the noise of the waves, I wouldn't recommend it. The room has air conditioning which I only tried once, since I just had to open the window and the fresh air of the beach came in. Definitely, a place to come back someday. Congratulations to all the staff of the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Minostro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Ecoporto is well located, just a couple of miles before arriving at the center of Porto de Galinhas. It's a beach hotel, comfortable and practical, with direct access to the beach. You can walk from the hotel to Porto de Galinhas along the beach, enjoying the sea breeze. The staff is kind and Cristiane (who looks after the bookings) is quite efficient. Good breakfast and nice size rooms. Beach towels are available as you need at no extra charge. Mosquitos may be a bit of a problem (not only in the hotel), so be prepared with a good repellent. AC and ceiling fan are a blessing in the hot days. The internet is weak, so be prepared and patient. The hotel has some good advice regarding your time in Porto de Galinhas - accept it and any other indications they'll give you. The price is a bit high, but we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't mind to come back again!

Room Tip: All rooms have the same size, the difference is that some have single beds and others a double bed...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A S
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Great location, pool, beach and food. Rooms are very large with balconies and a jammock. Would highly recommend. Porto de Galinhas is a must stay beach. All rooms have sea views. Only a short cheap cab ride to the fun little town to go every night.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank postal49740
sydney
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This place was fantastic- the rooms were simple and clean, the breakfast was beautiful and delicious and the staff were so lovely and friendly, we have great memories from this place. Great care was take with every detail, right down to room service decorating our room with flowers every day. The breakfast was one of the best on the trip- many many options, juices, fruits, breads, cakes, eggs, savory pastries, cereals, dairy. It was great. The pool was refreshing and the hotel was about a 20min walk to the town via the beach (or you could just catch a cab for R$10). I would absolutely come back here- what a great holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freya t
Erlangen, Germany
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We booked this Pousada already in September for 5 days over new years eve 2012. The double room was 1000 Reais per day, roughly 500 USD !! (couple with child) and we believed looking at the fotos of the resort to have found a nice high quality boutique hotel. The hotel is however a simple 2 - 3 star beach hotel with an aging infrastructure and unprofessional management. You should not pay more than 100 - 150 USD for such quality. The aircon did not work properly, TV hardly worked, Internet was slow and frequently failed. When the toilett was taped there was nobody to fix it from the evening to the next morning. We had one day during the morning horrible noise from works in the bathroom next to our room (drilling and hammering). We complained about all this but the Management was not willing to lower the price of 500 bucks per day for such poor performance. I even had to pay 10 Reais on top of this price for the safe key!! There is a very intransparent price policy, other people paid much less for the same period of stay.
The breakfast was of mediocre quality. The pool is very small, the same applies for the rooms. Our room did not even have a small table with chairs. The only positive things I can mention is that the hotel was clean and has a very good sea front position with sea view (however far away from the village center). I have been traveling in nearly all continents and expect higher prices over christmas and new years eve but never experianced such a missmatch of quality and performance and price. For this amount you can easily stay in five star hotels around the world. The worst travel experience in regard to hotel performance in 30 years of international travel. Benedikt K, Germany

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Catalina K
Utah
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed for a week vacation in this lovely place. Ecoporto is a beach front bed and breakfast inn. The breakfast is delicious. It is really nice to be on the beach with just few steps. It is about 20-30 minutes' walk along (avoid to walk at night) the beach to reach the Porto de Galinhas Village or the Natural pools. Or it is R$10 reais per cab to reach the Village. At night, it is very silent and all you can hear is the sound of the waves. The only reason I would not rate higher is because one night we stayed without power all day and night and I did not feel that much efforts were made to have it fixed. I did not even see the owner (who lives next door) trying to fix the problem. The staff said that it was the city problem. They distributed candles to the guests (the same kind they burn at the cemeteries in Brazil) which I thought was dangerous .

They offer beach/pool towels, as well as chairs and umbrella to be set at the beach on request.
The only thing I wished is that they had warned us about the mosquitoes. The first night my son had over 50 mosquito bites. Be aware that you will need a lot of repellent as well as bug sprayer which the staff provides as well.

The bedrooms: All rooms are beach front and it has 3 floors. We stayed in the first floor (ground floor) because according to them, for safety issues, family with children must be in the first floor. My sisters stayed in the 2nd floor, which was nice too, but the coconuts trees were blocking the view. We all stayed on bedrooms for three people, one double bed and one single bed. I asked if we could move to the second floor to be close to my sisters bedrooms since my daughter was old enough (11 years old) and they said it was full. And the 3rd floor are double rooms and won't fit us three. The rooms were clean, it definitely needs a lot of maintenance (and they took care very promptly as soon as we requested), beds are nice, decorations are very basic but had everything we needed.

The staff: Since the day I first contacted to get information about the Pousada, Cristiane was always nice and replied all my enquiries quickly. The check in was smooth (other than that they split our group) and fast. The front desk people in general were always very helpful. There were few nights that only one of the male employee at the front desk that did not show much interest in helping. All the ladies including Dna. Cecilia, the manager were all very helpful.

The restaurant: The Pousada has a small restaurant where the breakfast is served daily. The breakfast is really good, with varieties (they change every day most of the Brazilian's treats). I took many pictures of the breakfast because I wanted to post here. However we had our camera lost/stolen during a tour in Maragogi. It was a nice water proof blue Fuji camera. In case anyone ever finds it, please pot here. The camera can be purchase again, but the pictures are priceless. The lunch and dinner food is just OK for the price you pay, but considering the convenience it is nice to be able to eat there. Just be patient because it takes at least 30 - 40 minutes until they will serve your meal. Ours took even longer because we were a group of 9 people. The first two nights we waited so long that the following nights we ate there, we ordered from the room and they called us when the meals were ready. One of my favorite from there is a sandwich called "The fillet". My sister liked the soups. My kids liked the "spaghetti a alho e oleo ". The portions are small and very few meals would serve two.

I recommend this place for its price compared to others beach front hotels.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beach front. Your preference will be from first or second floor if you are staying...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This was our first trip to the Brazilian Northeast, and our first destination after flying into Recife was Porto de Galinhas. We had a nice, relaxing time during our all-too-short stay here, and we were very happy with our choice to stay at the Pousada Ecoporto.

We rented a car in Recife and drove down to Porto de Galinhas (travel time was about 1 1/2 hours). The Pousada is located just a couple of miles north of the center of town, right on the beach overlooking the ocean. We were able to park the car right in front, very convenient. It was also an easy 5 minute drive into town, but if you don't have a car, I believe the pousada has a shuttle that will take you there and pick you up as well.

The pousada itself was great! As mentioned, the hotel is right on the beach, and our room had a great view of the ocean. The balcony had shutters that could be opened to let in more sunlight and fresh sea-air, or they could be closed for more privacy. There was also a hammock that you could hang up and take a relaxing nap while listening to the waves. The room was very clean, nice size, with a comfortable bed. Bathroom was clean with a relatively large shower. The maid service did a great job cleaning, even folded little towel animals on the bed with hibiscus flowers everyday. The breakfast was very tasty - nice selection of breads, fresh fruits and juices, and meats. Staff was very hospitable, helped us reserve a dune buggy tour of the surrounding area and beaches.

Would highly recommend this pousada for anyone traveling to Porto de Galinhas!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple