We were visiting Brazil for a couple of weeks and a Brazilian friend recommended Porto de Galinhas for a beach break. Having done some research online Pontal de Ocapora seemed like a very nice hotel and we went for it - including a beach-front suite.
- We contacted the hotel 3 weeks prior to our arrival to sort out transfer from Recife airport to the hotel, and we got confirmation on the total cost, time and date of the pick up. There was nobody there on our arrival.
- The "beach-front" suite is not quite on the beach front. Instead, it has direct access to two of the swimming pools (rooms #1 and #2), including a children's pool that naturally opened quite early - so it was just impossible to have a lie-in. Access to the beach was no better than from any other room. The hotel's entertainment was also held by the pool, and that also involver very loud music.
- Hardly any of the staff spoke any English. Thankfully we managed to get by with some Spanish
- After a lot of effort we managed to be changed to a different room, where the aircon did not work and the bathroom looked like it was last renovated in the 70s
- The food wasn't terrible, but it was not great either. Loads and loads of cheese covering most dishes.
On the positives: the beach was nice and quiet (especially once you compare them to Porto de Galinhas!). Also, one of the hotel staff (called Di) was very nice and helpful, and made every effort to help out!
Would not recommend, especially at those prices
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pontal De Ocapora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontal De Ocapora Hotel Porto De Galinhas
- Pontal De Ocapora Porto Galinhas
- Pontal De Ocapora Porto De Galinhas, Brazil