I stayed here for 6 nights during the World Cup. A previous reviewer said it had the potential to be great, which I wholeheartedly agree with. This is not a "resort" in the American or Asian style, but it has some really positive features.
- Great beach location (reminds me of West Maui in some ways), though surf can be rough
- Service during our stay was fantastic. Staff was very helpful and aimed to please. Yes, English is a challenge here. We arrived a couple of days before the onslaught of fans, but when they were full, they brought in extra English speaking staff to help. However, we had no trouble getting our message across to the staff when necessary (thanks, Google!)
- Lots of entertainment at the hotel - music by the beach pool, live music at night by courtyard pool, game watching, etc. (this could be due to World Cup)
- Three pools
- Beach chairs and umbrellas, complimentary. Plus, beach waiters ready to bring you caiparinhas and munchies. :-)
- Food at beach restaurant was pretty good
- 5 Reales to take quick taxi ride to the village
- Rooms are extremely basic - this is where they really fall short, in my opinion
- A/C unit did not work the first night, but they relocated us the next day
- Breakfast buffet - not great, and they had a hard time getting enough food out for a large crowd
- Language (see above)
If you don't mind just a room with a bed, and are willing to try something different, I would give it a shot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the seaside of Porto de Galinhas, Hotel Armacao has 3 swimming pools, 2 restaurants, a pool bar and a beach bar.2 km away from the Fishermen's Village, where the stores, restaurants and the famous Natural Swimming Pools are located. For your commodity, we offer free wifi.Wide rooms with air conditioning, minibar, safe box and cable flat TV. Some have a private balcony with a hammock.At Hotel Armacao you will find several service options and activities. Our recreational staff provides family fun with arts class, beach games and dance competitions. At the Kids Club, a special place for the children with toys, games and books. Adults can enjoy a seaside massage gazebo, a clay tennis court and a fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Armacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armacao Hotel Porto De Galinhas
- Hotel Armacao Porto De Galinhas, Brazil