We booked a top floor jacuzzi room. LOVED IT! We had a corner room which had a balcony that looked out over the ocean and around the corner on the balcony was a jacuzzi bath. It was amazing soaking in the jacuzzi, listening to the waves and watching the sun go down over Porto de Galinhas.
We got lots of exercise walking up and down the stairs (no lifts) which we didn't mind but this might be an issue for people with mobility difficulties or lots of luggage (although the porter was lovely and carried some of ours).
Room and bathroom were of a good standard. Had to pay extra for the room safe which should have been included for the price we paid! Internet access on the hotel PC was ridiculously expensive (we did not have a laptop) so we went to the next door hotel for the internet (very cheap).
Our room package included the evening buffet meal and breakfast which was perfect for us as a family - saved us having to go out at night. Good variety and standard of food. There is a little shop about 5 mins walk down the road which sold nice ice creams and little snacks at a reasonable price.
Lots of games and things to do for kids (table tennis, table football, pool table). Our child was the only English speaking child there but was made to feel welcome and enjoyed the kids club. Pool was fantastic. Lots of areas to rest/sleep.
You cannot swim in the sea as the currents are too strong. We walked on the beach and into Porto one day (30 min walk) and felt safe. Ask about the tides. You can also get a buggy or taxi to town if you don't want to walk (10 Reals).
All the reception staff very helpful and those that could speak some English were especially attentive. We were very very impressed with the staff.
Snorkeling not great and a shame about the amount of people that are allowed to walk all over the coral reefs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the seashore of Praia de Porto the Galinhas, Solar is a 4 stars cozy hotel, ideal for families with small kids and couples looking for tranquility, sophistication and entertainment. The hotel offers sea view accommodations, relaxing spots as well as leisure activities for kids and adults; a proposal that encourages guests to respect and take care of the natural surroundings. On the outside, a pool is divided in 4 environments: bar, hydro massage, kids and adults. At seashore, a massage room, beach service and a private room for a romantic dinner are available. The restaurant accommodates 200 people. After dinner, guests can also enjoy night activities and live music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Solar Porto de Galinhas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Solar Porto De Galinhas Hotel Ipojuca
- Best Western Porto De Galinhas
- Hotel Solar Porto De Galinhas Brazil