“Great experience (just don't buy the pictures)”
Review of Rio by Jeep

Rio by Jeep
Reviewed 15 March 2013

All the great reviews here are accurate. My girlfriend and I had great flights that lasted over ten minutes, with a great view of the Tijuca forests, beaches, and even some favela's in the distance. I would definitely recommend the flight.

But be warned: Pictures and video are a scam!
It seems like all of the hang gliding companies here (Delta Flight included, but it is not unique) contract with a small group of girls to get you pictures and video of your flight. For the price that they ask for pictures and video for two flyers, you could buy your own GoPro camera! The flight is R$300, and they ask R$150 for video, which they burn onto a blank dvd. This is an insane price! Moreover, they will not be upfront with you about the cost of the pictures when you book. They will probably say "oh, it's R$50". Not only is this still expensive, it's not true! They will ask R$60 for pictures only (not 50 as they say on the phone), and R$150 for pictures and video. They will almost certainly not tell you this on the phone. We were two separate parties, and this experience happened to both of us.

Oddly enough, they will sell you the pictures OR the videos for R$60, but if you want them both, it's going to be an extra $R30. Figure out the economics of this one at your own peril.

Again, this scam is NOT limited to this company. It seems like all flyers are subjected to this same procedure.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We had scheduled a flight and due to weather was not able to go. Ricardo told me to call him the night before (anytime) to schedule another flight. Well I called him and left him a message (I did this several times) asking him to email me. He failed to email or leave a message at the hotel. When I went downstairs to book with another company, the front desk told me that it was not a good day to fly and that other companies had been calling to cancel. Ricardo could have let me know. Instead he left me hanging and not in a good way. All in all, a waste of my time.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

My wife and I went on a full-day tour in Rio and we stopped on the beach just down from Ipanema and had the option to do a hang-glide - and we took it with both hands! The conditions were perfect - sunny and not too windy. We drove to the top of the mountain and our debrief was clear but concise. It was a little nerve-wracking waiting for our jump but we were only waiting 10-15 minutes max. The run-off the ramp was an adrenaline rush but as soon as you jump you're whisked up into the air and it's smooth sailing from there on in.

The views are excellent - surpass even the amazing views we saw from Sugar Loaf Mountain! You basically circle around, going up and down and marvelling at the jungle, sprawling mansions, beach, and ocean. Heart beats again upon landing but it was pretty soft and easy. Overall, we got about 15 mins with our pilot up there and I felt safe at all times. Be sure to smile for the camera as when you land you have the chance to buy your pics and vid from the flight - it's expensive but it's a good memento of the best view of Rio!

1  Thank Pedro_Gonzales
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I went hang gliding with Ricardo from Delta Flight and it was an amazing adventure. The views were really nice and the experience a lot of fun. I highly recommend to anybody going to Rio!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Ever since as a chils , I was so amazed with hang gliding, when my chance came to do it in Rio...I grabbed it right away. The view was breath taking! Only the take off is scary, but when you're airborne, the fear and anxiety is gone! So go and do it!

1  Thank nomad2368