“Will return again”
Review of Lazy B Motel

Lazy B Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Afton
Lazy B Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Afton
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Clean, Clea, Clean! This is an older motel, but they have replaced the carpets, drapes, and bedspreads. We stayed here in April when we brought a plane up for repairs. We have come back in September to pick up the plane and this was where we chose to stay for two nights. Prices are very reasonable. If you are looking for a five star resort, keep on traveling. If you are looking for a comfortable and very clean motel, stop. If we ever get back here from Texas, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank AgPilot

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I loved the rooms. Not the average, boring, generic motel look at all. Wonderful sense of color, Comfy beds. The lady who owns the place is a wonderful character: right out of an Elmore Leonard novel. It's nice to meet someone who is very particular, but who has an excellent, dry sense of humor. I locked my keys in my car while checking in, and she had a locksmith over to fix me up in less than ten minutes.

Outstanding. Highest rating.

Kevin, Jackson Wyoming

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Scurvy99
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was an unexpected stay but an extremely pleasant one. We found the room with many amenities and very clean. The room came with a DVD player, microwave and refrigerator. The owner was wonderful and extremely knowledgeable of her town. The internet was easy to login to and my teenagers were happy to make use of it.

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely located.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Checked in late(11:30) after driving in from Yellowstone. Decided to stay here due to reviews about value and cleanliness. Clerk was grumpy and short, seemed inconvenienced to take my money. Room was $109, asked for a better rate as in town on business with the local fair and was told that was the best AAA rate available. Stayed in Jackson Hole for $128 and got 4 beds, full kitchen, living room and bathroom so price doesn't seem very good. Planned to stay for days but stayed only one night due to clerk rudeness and price.
Good points: easy to find, right off main rd, very clean, nice carpet, coffee pot, microwave, free wifi, nice bedding, extra pillows, flat screen tv, DVD player and fridge.
Bad points: rude clerk, towels smell musty, ceiling fan rocked so hard we didnt dare to use it,horrid stinging water saver shower (NO TUB), coudnt rinse my face in it or bath a small child. Like a 100 angry wet bees. Shower is wedged in by the toilet, odd and inconvenient. Won't be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AutumnGo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a older motel that has been well taken care of. The room, at least the one we had, has been completely remodeled. The bathroom was redone with new fixtures. The bed is a bit stiff but still quite comfortable and I loved the pillows. The carpet was soft and plush, something you don't find in most places like this.

There are a few things that I didn't like about the place. The shower head isn't the type I like but I loved how they used an extension to move the shower head high enough for me at 5' 11" to stand up straight in the shower. One other was the fridge, it was off. Turning it on is easy but the time it would take for it to cool would cause anything we put into it to become warm. Its not a big thing but it would have been nice to have a cold fridge in the room.

I recommend you bring earplugs if you stay here. It is an older motel and you can hear outside noises and louder noises coming from the rooms next to you. We always travel with earplugs so no issues for us.

My husband was not pleased to hear her dogs barking when we pulled in on our motorcycles but they were quiet for everything thing else. I guess they just don't like bikes. To me I enjoyed them but I'm a dog lover, it made me miss mine.

If in Afton, give the Lazy B a try.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank solartj
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When you travel the not so beaten paths in the back country, it can be a bit scary. This place is a jewel in many ways. At first glance I viewed my room as just average. Look closer. It is impeccably clean, bedding and beds are very comfortable, there are nice touches hidden away here and there. A ceiling fan in case you don't want to hear the drone of the air conditioner fan all night. Once the room is cool. It stays that way so the insulation must be good. Very quiet. The friendly and kind owner goes out of her way to be helpful. Add to that laundry and a free WiFi connection. Luxury it isn't but it is comfort, cleanliness and convenience at a very good price. Whenever I am in Afton, I will stay there. Thanks for a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank MayBeBack
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Lovely, very large well-kept room with 2 double beds, refrigerator, microwave. Sink outside the bathroom. Large bathroom. Nice desk area with strip for electrical connections. Laundry on premises with detergent dispenser. Front desk provided change of the laundry. Friendly staff. Excellent location off highway about 70 miles from Jackson and Grand Teton NP. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Eliot C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Afton Star Valley
Kodiak Mountain Resort
Snider's Rustic Inn
Snider's Rustic Inn
#1 of 1 in Thayne

Been to Lazy B Motel? Share your experiences!