“We loved the resort!!!!!”

Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios
Ranked #32 of 105 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed in a loft. very comfortable, breakfast and dinner were awesome and the drinks too!
All the employees are very kind, waiters and desk in particular, they also has a beach personal and facilities ant Geriba beach, so you can stay there very safe, and offer surf classes there.
For me five stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 18 June 2011

First, allow me to begin by saying I am a fairly seasoned traveler. My job requires staying in hotels 150-200 nights a year. I don’t know if this establishment is incompetent or just rude. But I don’t really care which is to blame. I was coming to the region for a petroleum trade show. I couldn’t find a room in Macae so I stayed here in Buzio rather than commute from Rio. After a 10 hour flight and a 4-hour drive I was thrilled to arrive so that I could finally shower and rest. But upon arrival I was told a large group arrived from France (several days before) and the hotel was now overbooked. I was in Brazil for the first time, didn’t speak the language and they sold my room…a room I reserved months prior to my arrival.
After raising a fuss they said they had found a place “even nicer than theirs” for me to stay and sent me on my way. My original stay was supposed to be for 6 nights. I drove a short distance to the new hotel. It was not even close to being as nice. The rooms were old and weathered, there was no restaurant, there were no services and it was more expensive. After two days I checked out to head to Rio but the proprietor said he pre-billed my stay and could not return my money. The Serena Hotel couldn’t care less and offered no assistance. I disputed the charges with my credit card for the last hotel and am dealing with that currently. Again I practically live in hotels and have done so for 20 years. I have never been treated worse. I understand that things can happen but there is never an excuse for rudeness and incompetence in a professional business.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank tacoma062
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Dear Sir/Madam, it would be our pleasure to address this issue personally with you. Therefore, we request you to please send as an e-mail or phone number where we can contact you. The Commercial Manager of the RH chain, Aldana Galan, will be in charge of dealing this issue directly with you.
If you wish you may contact her at gerenciacomercial@rochester-hotel.com.ar

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is really a nice place to be in buzios. We got a good promotional rate, something about USD100 per night/couple for one of the best suites. Another couple was traveling with us and they stayed in the "loft" room. As I always try to do, let's put the pro x the cons:

PROS:
Incredible staff, very helpful, always trying to help. Great bar, great barman and also great food. The breakfast was ok, with some highs(free sparkling wine and amazing scrambled eggs) and some lows (not so good juices, old "pao de queijo). The dinner buffet looked great too and had good price. The pool area is also very nice, relaxing and inviting. The bed was very confortable, the linens were of good quality. The free transfer to Rua das Pedras is also a nice touch, same as free wi-fi.

CONS:
As stated before, the pictures of the rooms are a bit deceiving. The Jacuzzi is really, I mean, REALLY small, even for only one person. The bathroom sometimes had a bad re-flux smell, which was not the hotel fault because the hole room was very clean. The TV is flat screen, but got the worst reception I have seen in the last 15 years. They also offer a free massage, but there is not enough rounds for every guest, so I wasn't able to get mine.

The location is very good, in the middle of the right spot of Geribá beach, walkable distance from Ferradurinha beach. The hotel also got a space for children which I didn't use since I got none. I would probably get back if I got the same rate, but wouldn't pay much above it.

Room Tip: No need to upgrade to jacuzzi rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

what´s ok - nice architecture, nice location, nice service, very nice breakfast, nice atmosphere, nice live music

what´s not ok - the room, needs a facelift, a bed in the floor level, the old closet, the almost broken doors, the cleanliness, the bathroom smell,

Room Tip: better look for the new lofts they build
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arnaldo1
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Our design was carefully planned together with renowned architects in order to maintain the style that represents Buzios and its environment. One of our major highlights is our tatami bed, this furniture represents the exclusive design of RH. Not all room categories have tatami bed, only the loft, Superior A and Superior B, Standard and Suite category have the sommier bed.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

The Hotel was clean and quiet. It actually not that big so it's not crowded. The service was excellent from the staff.

The room was good, but the bathroom could have been better laid out, it was a bit cramped.

The Serena is located close to Geriba beach, one of the best beach I've seen so far, great sand, clean and few waves.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed at Serena for a week in March. The staff could not have been more helpful, they went out of their way to make sure we were happy - and we were. it's also only a 5 minute walk to Geriba beach where the resort has it's own reserved area with seating and parasols.

The room was clean, spacious and everything we could have asked for - comfy bed, TV, fridge, plenty of cupboard space, our own jacuzzi and seating area outside.

The rest of the resort was lovely too, nice restaurant with delicious food every night - we only ate out twice! and the other amenities on offer were excellent, surf lessons, day trips, a shuttle to the town centre at night, massages, live music in the evenings.

We had a wonderful time here and would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

After a hectic eight days sightseeing in Argentina and Brazil, we were looking forward to 5 days in this resort. We lasted less than an hour before arranging to return to Rio the following morning-the earliest time we could get out! Please note that the many complaints about this hotel are from the UK/US. The praise comes from Brazilian couples with young children at whom this hotel is aimed. The description of it as a 'boutique hotel' is merely a get-out clause for the poor accomodation and appalling service, although the service might be better if you can speak FLUENT Portuguese. The staff ignored our attempts although we got on fine elsewhere. We had to get a taxi to Buzios (hotel is miles from anywhere) to get a meal. So please take all the negative reviews on board; they are unfortunately all justified.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mooooo9oo0o0ooo
Ventas, General Manager at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Serena Boutique Resort is one of the few hotels that keeps its service and recreation structure year round. Activities for kids and adults, tours, surf classes, transfers to the different beaches, night shows, beach service, among others which make Serena be characterized as boutique Resort. We provide trilingual staff at the fornt desk (Portuguese, Spanish and English) who will assist you in anything you may need. Serena Boutique Resort is designed both for families and for couples, we offer a rountrip transfer services to Buzios, from 7pm to 12am, the 365 days of the year.