“Nice but my experience was not that great”

Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios
Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
Curitiba, PR
“Nice but my experience was not that great”
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

This is an interesting hotel, close to the beach of geriba owned by Rochelle, an argentinien company. We were well received with a complimentary drink and plced in the far corner of the hotel, i guess, because they had discount offers through the internet. I guess the discount was duhe to the fact that the neighbor rooms were being remodelled and we had to hear saw, drillers, and hammers working until about 9 pm at night. The room was acceptael but had a strange smell. We decided not to complain because the people working there were very nice and the breakfast absolutely perfect! I would recommend the hotel but ask which room are they offering. The standard room (second floor) is really not that nice.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Sir,
First of all, we would to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your stay at our hotel. They do help us to improve our service, and they also allow us to customize it to guests’ needs and expectations.
Together with Serena’s General Manager we are now working on the issues mentioned by you that occurred during your stay at our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Round Rock, TX
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I loved everything about Buzios! And was so glad I did my research and stayed at Serena. The hotel staff was great even before my arrival in helping me arrange my transport from Rio. Once I walked into the lobby, I immediately felt relaxed. The lobby was open to the beautiful pool and courtyard area. Lovely music playing from the speakers. It was so calm. I arrived early and my room wasn't yet ready so I sat outside next to the pool and had lunch and drinks. The entire stay was amazing. I was able to take a surfing lesson that was offered with my room. So much fun!!! And although my stay was short (4 days), I felt right at home. The hotel offered a shuttle every night to take you into downtown Buzios. Serena is not in the center of town like many of the other hotels/pousadas but with the free shuttle and the availability of taxi's I never had a problem. It was nice to be able to walk to Geriba beach only 1 block away from hotel. But I strongly suggest taking a taxi and checking out the other great beaches in Buzios. Brava was my favorite.

I can't wait to get back to Buzios. I'm fairly certain that it is now my favorite place on earth. And Serena made my stay even better!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank brooke2h
Katowice, Poland
Reviewed 27 June 2012

After travelling around the continent I was hoping for a few days of relaxation but, when I arrived at the hotel I knew it was going to be a "survival trip". My room was extremely small, dirty, everything would stink like hell, A/C worked louder than a jet engine and the toilet was disguisting, not forgetting about the mattrace on the floor. The restaurant looked similar to a Subway bar somewhere by the subway. Food was not edible and there was a very small variety of it. The staff spoke completely no English, so you would not be able to communicate with them. There was also a pool, which basically looked like a salt marsh. It was a terrible experience, so we left after two nights, loosing the rest of our money. But we did not care about it- we didn't want to suffer there. We went to Copacabana Palace in Rio, where we enjoyed our stay a lot and I can definately recommend that property to anyone, who wants to relax in a beautiful hotel. Simply remember to stay away from Serena in Buzios.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LotFTL
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Sir,

After checking all the information on your stay, we confirmed that you left our property in disagreement with our cancellation policies –which were informed when booking your stay and also accepted by you. According to said policies, your stay should be paid in full even when leaving the hotel and not using the room booked.
We have no records of any complaint based on the situations described in your comments. Therefore, we do not consider it appropriate to receive a qualification based on your disagreement with our commercial and cancellation policies which, once again, were informed and accepted when booking your stay.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Everything perfect--room, staff, breakfast, pool and what a beach.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrianGruber
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 9 June 2012

the internal space and beautiful wel kept garden. the pool is ok and service is world class, except for the guys in the beach. check for traffic during peak seasons, but off season is a bless to stay here

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Guga_73
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

We love this place ... So much that we have decided we'll come back every year. We are a young couple and this hotel had everything we wanted. Great staff, easy location, activities, great breakfast. The staff were great and very patient with our lack of Portugese, the breakfast is great, the downtown shuttle is excellent, the atmosphere is s relaxing. We can't say enough great things! The rooms are a little run down but it's only a place to sleep and the rest of the place is amazing!
Negative - bring mosquito repellant - they visit at night.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

The Serena hotel was very misleading on it's in/out transfer service so be extremely cautious. They also tried to charge me twice for the room. The dinner buffet is about $70 reais a person and not worth the money. The staff wasn't very helpful. The hotel isn't conventiently located either. The pros would be the breakfast buffet and free surf lessons.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ashley N
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
When booking online –on pay at destination websites or when choosing paying at the property- hotel charges will not be posted at the very same time of booking. In said cases, accommodation expenses will be charged when checking in, as credit cards are only requested for guarantee purposes and will be used in case of no-shows or late cancellations.
According to hotel procedures, therefore, accommodation may be paid in advance or at the hotel.
The outstanding gastronomy and services found at Serena Boutique Resort are the result of competitive prices and excellent food quality and variety.
At Serena Boutique Resort, our staff is very well trained –we deeply take care of this matter training our staff on a continuous basis.