My husband and i stayed in this hotel from the 28th of december to the 30th. It has a good location 2 minutes walk from Geriba beach. The people are friendly and open to help. The breakfast is varied and the garden is nice and well kept. The pool is very small but given the proximity to the beach it is not a problem. They offer a free hourly shuttle service to and from the center of buzios for the evening. We received a free short massage as part of the package and were offered surf lessons on the beach.
Unfortunately though the standard room we were given did not face the garden but a back street. We had to climb up a narrow mosquito-infested flight of stairs to get in. The room was tiny with barely the space for the luggage. The air conditioning was noisy so you couldn't leave it on during the night, and the room turned into a sauna after a few hours of it being off. Upon arrival the air conditioning was off so the room was very hot. The breakfast is yes varied but does not live up to the comments i read on tripadvisor. The shuttle service fills up rapidly so you must be told it has to be booked in advance otherwise you pay 20 reais to and from buzios. The fact that we went during high season certainly must be kept in consideration but still pricey for what it offers.
Overall would not repeat the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios is located just 100 meters from the Geriba beach, being the only resort with an easy beach-level access, providing an easier access to the elderly and younger children. Surrounded by 6,000 square meters of lush tropical gardens, the hotel also features a deck and lit outdoor pool, and a 24 hour bar service. Furthermore, recreational areas, and children's play area supervised by trained staff With complimentary WI-FI throughout the resort, our rooms range up to 70 m2 with king-sized beds, cable TV, Mini bar and a safe deposit box. Most rooms offer a beautiful private garden with a Jacuzzi. Our buffet breakfast stays open till 11 am with hot dishes prepared by our very own on site chefs. Our gourmet restaurant offers a wide range of international and local cuisine with a top notch bar service. Serena also offers a weekly program of live music shows. In addition, our service is also available at the beach providing beach chairs, umbrellas, tables and chairs. The hotel has a stylish modern design, but respects the colonial materials and architecture of the local region. Serena offers free hourly shuttle services to downtown Buzios during the afternoon and night as well as other local beaches. Our guests are also encourages to take water sports lessons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serena Buzios Hotel Buzios
- Serena Hotel Buzios
- Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil