“The pousada of my dreams”

Pousada Casa Buzios
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My friend and I only came for one night to Buzios, but to stay in Casa Buzios was such a nice experience that we definately will come back. The very spacious room Beija-Flor with its two queen size beds was just perfect for us two friends and for the comfort you get not too expensive. The whole pousada had a very relaxed atmosphere, which definately was influenced by its very friendly owner Fred and Flo, and we felt very well and welcome during every moment of our stay. I especially liked the cozy style of the pousada with its focus on quality in every detail, e.g. regarding decoration, amenities, breakfast etc. I'm dreaming about having my own B&B in the south of Europe one day and a place like Casa Buzios comes very close to my dream... I also would like to point out that the location is perfect for a stay in Buzios, as it is very close to the centre / Rua das Pedras but also very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerstin L
There are newer reviews for Pousada Casa Buzios

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Nice poussada but pretty expensive and they don't take any credit cards for payment.
You need to come with cash or get cash from one of the few ATMs in town (my credit card got copied from that ATM and used after I was gone ...)
Also steep road and steps to get in the poussada if you have a heavy suitcase.
Small pool. Nice garden.
Nice and quiet rooms. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
CasaBuzios, Proprietário at Pousada Casa Buzios, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Dear Worldtraveller,

We were sorry to read that your credit card was cloned in the local ATM´s. Unfortunatly it happens a lot in Brazil recently and you have to be very cautious when using it.

As stated in the mail confirming the bookings in our hotel, we always clearly state that we are not working with credit card. Indeed our small structure do not allow us to use this mean of payment.

Regarding the steep stairs to the entrance of the hotel (about 5 meters), this is unfortunally the price to pay to enjoy the view!

Best,

Frédéric

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at Casa Buzios and it was fantastic, we arrived a bit frazzled from a long journey and got a really friendly and helpful welcome from owner Fred. We stayed in Alquimista room which was a bit more expensive but very spacious and well equipped.
Lots of areas for relaxing - big wide sun beds, a hammock or in the pool. Perfectly located for shops, restuarants, beaches and for just relaxing. Breakfast was a highlight with platters of fresh fruit, eggs to order and an assortment of breads. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baljit D
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Lovely, simple and well decorated B&B in Buzios. Perfect location close to shops, restaurants and clubs. A really great find with nice hosts. I would highly recommend it - great price to quality option.

Room Tip: Rooms at the backside are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Albina_Oks
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We traveled to Buzios last week with our guests from the United States. After spending several days in Rio and a couple of days in Buzios, they said that the trip the Buzios was the highlight of their Brazilian vacation.
In addition to all the good things that other guests of Pousada Casa Buzios have already said on Tripadvisor, I would like to mention the owner of this place, Frederic. His advice regarding where to dine and what beaches to go to definitely made our experience in Buzios more enjoyable! I would go back to the Pousada any time!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eleadi
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed the week before Carnival with my 4 month old daughter, my husband and my parents for 4 nights. The 2 rooms were lovely and spacious with high ceilings and they were adjacent to each other which were great for us as a family.
The grounds, pool and the staff are all excellent; the kitchen staff was great to my wife who was awake at 5am every day with the littleone-by the second morning they were there with a flask of coffee for her!!! Frederic and Flo are very friendly and mellow people, exactly what you want when you are looking to wind down and take it easy.
The location is perfect, a short walk from the Centro past all of the great bars and restaurants. They have a book in several languages that has been put together by Frederic recommending various places to eat and stay etc which was great and well worth a read. Our favorite meal was at a little seafood restaurant next to the hotel.
We would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: i told frederic my situation - a baby and her grandparents also, the rooms he recommended were perf...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jeneaton
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Very nice place. Well located (close enough to the stone road = city, but away from the noice), very well hosted (Frederic makes all guest really feel at home), nive pool and perfectly located for some serious SUNSET spotting with a caipirinha. Worth all the money for one evening in the sunbed.
As Europeans we really enjoyed the "style" that normally is difficult to find in Brazil. Once again - the best of two worlds.
The room we had was nice but was rather simple. I saw the smaller rooms for couples and they looked REALLY nice, so if I get a chance to go with only my wife next time, Frederic sign me in!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family