“Not What It Used To Be”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Gisele

Gisele
Price range: US$35 - US$48
Cuisines: Brazilian, Seafood, South American
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buzios
“Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I have been a fairly frequent visitor to Gisele's since it first opened 3 or 4 years ago and was always full of praise. But something has changed and my last 2 visits have been disasters.
There have been staff changes in and outside the kitchen. Giselle herself is seldom to be seen in the kitchen and the service is now chaotic and painfully slow. It was one hour and 10 minutes before any food at all appeared on our table. The fish however,when it eventually arrived was, I have to say, perfectly cooked and deliciious. My order for a rare filet mignon steak was completely bungled. It came to the table completely black and overcooked. I sent it back immediately and waited another 27 minutes for a very raggedy looking piece of meet that was almost raw. It didn't taste too bad and I ate it without complaint. However it was clearly a contaminated piece of meat as just 1 1/2 hours late I was exceedingly ill from food poisoning. There would appear to be a cleanliness issue in Gisele's kitchen. No regrets or apologies were extended for the dreadful service and the bill when it eventually came was wrong!j We did not bother to stay for coffee or desserts, which were always very good. Buzios is full of better and cheaper restaurants than this one, avoid it! I certainly will in the future.

• Visited January 2012