This beautiful boutique hotel in Buzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is charming. Lovely interior design complements a beautiful setting, just a short walk to a nice little beach. The location is just outside of the central district making it a peaceful place to relax after a day of swimming and exploring.
The staff are attentive and very helpful and most of all patient. When I arrived I was greeted by Mr. Thiago Azeredo who handled all of my checking in and made sure I was comfortable. His mastery of many languages especially English made the experience very pleasant. Thiago also was amazingly helpful with local details, like where the best secluded (nude) beach is, where to go and see beautiful sunsets, and advice on local eateries and local attractions. I really felt as if I had a best friend in Buzious.
The breakfast was filled with local fruits and breads, eggs made to order, and the fresh squeezed fruit juices were exquisite. The coffee in Brazil is excellent rich thick and very special!
On to the rooms, they have many different choices my suite was outfitted with a king and a full bath, very comfortable. The interior design was very simple and pleasant, there is an LCD TV but who has time to watch TV. Electric is compatible with USA (110 – 127 volts) just bring an adapter to go from polarized blades to unpolarized pins. There was not a request that the staff at La Chimere could not accommodate!
There is a great walk that follows the beach then climbs up to a spot just above the hotel where you get a great look at the area I highly recommend this walk in the morning just before breakfast the walk is a loop so at the end you will end up at the front of the hotel.
The common areas are decorated in lush couches and sitting areas with beautiful artifacts very inviting to relax and chill, there is a collection of English paperbacks undoubtedly left behind by other visitors. There is a computer room and they provide wireless access to the internet for all of us iPhone fanatics, the only problem here is the wireless signal did not reach the rooms but no problem in the common areas.
The small pool was always clean and very inviting after a day at the beach. The court yard has many tropical plants and some spectacular orchids. I got totally fooled by the artificial bananas hanging in a tree that does not give bananas this was a very funny item of interest. Every afternoon there was a pump thermos filled with exquisite dark rich coffee perfect for a recharge before heading out for the evening. Housekeeping was very good; the service offered by the staff was also very good.
There is no fitness center you do not need one since you have many outside activities to keep you fit, swimming, running, walking and I felt the area to be safe.
There are a few eateries just across the street and best of all a small grocery store that stocked with an impressive selection of wines and beer and many Brazilian treats. Brazilian beer is really good! I will definitely return to La Chimere on my next visit to Buzios. You will feel like you are at home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Chimere receives you with a very special architecture, fruit of a delicate equilibrium between an outside buziano style and a sophisticated, modern interior and with clear and broad spaces. In a very beautiful internal tropical courtyard, is located the swimming pool. A true one oasis because in being a matter of an architecture, the external noises don't arrive. The peace and tranquility reign in this courtyard where the swimming pool is transformed in the "beach after the beach". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Chimere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada La Chimere Hotel Buzios
- Othon Pousada La Chimere Buzios
- La Chimere Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil