The location of this property is acceptable, near the ocean , though not a pretty side of the beach in Buzios. And certainly not for suntaning. Quiet most of the time, except for the road passing straight in front of the hotel. If you have a room overlooking the ocean near that road, it is not a nice experience. Room 29 has to be the worst ! near the road. Next door to the gate and stair that connect guests and staff alike from road/ beach to the hotel. At ALL hours ! Nothing is sound proofed in that older building. The plumbing needs serious attention and the noise is just unacceptable for a hotel which positions itself as luxury, especially in its rates. At all hours of day and night, we heard the plumbing every time someone used their bathroom, shower etc... The smell of sewage is also unacceptable based on positioning.
Food & Beverage is good but expensive. Breakfast is great.
Cleanliness not good enough. Hair left every day in the room. Both of us have short hair so we knew it was not ours. Sheets not changed at al in 3 days. No card to ask guests to choose. Default is no sheet changed.
Service needs a lot of work also. Again, it is about positioning. This hotel has not yet got its identity, clearly. It was a secial occasion, a big birthday, and my date of birth was given at checkin as required. Yet, no one picked it up when I arrived the night before my birthday. Nothing. Not even a comment.
On arrival, I was asked 'do you speak portuguese?'. as i do not, there was no further attempt to speak to me at checkin even though I had to pre pay the room, etc...
My traveling companion is brazilian, and once the staff found out, they only spoke with him and did not make eye contact with me at all. Clearly, it is unacceptable to be a foreign traveler in that hotel !
When we left, we left early. 5am. Again, not a mention, not even a thought of offering a box breakfast ( since we already paid for it).
At 5am, with all luggage and belongings, 2 reception staff members looked at us, struggling to open the hotel front door to access our car. Neither of them had the idea to help, to open the door or offer assistance. They did however grill us on our mini b ar consumption for our last night. We did not use mini bar at all , for our stay. Again, priorities need to be redefined at Casa Brancas.
Public areas are nice. Though pool area is very tired already. Needs a face lift and new pool furniture or more pool towel to hide the aging cushions.
Too many walls show signs of wear and tear. Again, unacceptable for a hotel whichy sells itself as luxury.
Spa is ok. Overpriced but ok. Like the rest of the place, the staff do not smile much. at all. Strange for hospitality.
Overall ? not impressed. Not luxury, not 5 star. Much work to do, on software and hardware to get there. Or amend positioning.
The fact that the property has been recognised for its interior decoration by industry Brazil magazines ( the hotel management clearly proud to publicise that detail), does NOT make the property and the experience an exceptional one.
Next time in Buzios, I have found many other places to experiment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa is a refuge of beauty and elegance in the small town of Buzios, a few hours away from Rio de Janeiro. Nested over Armacao Bay, its Mediterranean style terrace and panoramic view of the sea have fascinated guests for over 40 years. Casas Brancas is a synonym of harmony and simplicity. With touches of style and sophistication, its decor provides the tranquility that permeates the entire ambience. Its team of professionals, trained in different languages, contributes for a even more personalized service. An authentic invitation for rest, pleasure and well-being. With a privileged location, overlooking the Orla Bardot waterfront promenade, the hotel is near the downtown area, as well as being within close range of the best restaurants and beaches in town. Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa, simply an idyllic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel Buzios
- Casas Brancas Boutique - Hotel And Spa
- Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil