we travelled to Buzios hoping to finish our south american adventure off with a bang....and we were not disappointed!
Buzios was only a 2 hour drive from Rio and you can understand why it is named the 'tropical san tropez'
On our arrival to the hotel we were greeted by a member of the team named Sebastian and a glass of champagne....which is always a good start.
What made this hotel really special for us, was the staff! Very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We had a slight issue with our room, but this was dealt with very quickly and effeciently.
To really appreciate the hotel and Buzios itself, put at least 2 of your days in the hands of the staff and let them tailor your day, wether it be a quite secluded beach, or dinner in town, they won't let you down.
For all you couples be sure to get one of the team to organise a day to Bravia beach, where they will reserve a double leather sunbed with parasol for you both to relax on surrounded by lush greenery and approx 10 steps down to the beach, You have to have lunch there...the oysters had literally just been caught, and there dish of local fish with brazilian potato mash was to die for.
We stayed at Casas Brancas for 3 nights, we decided to get a beach buggy for 2 of the days, get the staff to book you one. Bravia beach was only a 5 min drive.
Also drive down to the 'little horse-shoe' beach were you can hire a kayak (singles or doubles) and venture out to a secluded beach only 3 meters long called lovers beach, made famous by Bridget Bardot.
The hotel also had a really good spa which my wife used to have a massage, she recommends the deep tissue therapy which she said was very relaxing and soothed those aching shoulders.
There was so much to do here it is hard not to go on and on about it.
It was my 30th birthday on our last day, and this was made very memorable by the sebastian and the team, thanks guys!
I would say...kick back, enjoy the hotel and gorgeous scenery and let the hotel team plan you personal itinery to make your stay special.
we are already planning our return trip...and guess where we are going to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa is a refuge of beauty and elegance in the small town of Buzios, a few hours away from Rio de Janeiro. Nested over Armacao Bay, its Mediterranean style terrace and panoramic view of the sea have fascinated guests for over 40 years. Casas Brancas is a synonym of harmony and simplicity. With touches of style and sophistication, its decor provides the tranquility that permeates the entire ambience. Its team of professionals, trained in different languages, contributes for a even more personalized service. An authentic invitation for rest, pleasure and well-being. With a privileged location, overlooking the Orla Bardot waterfront promenade, the hotel is near the downtown area, as well as being within close range of the best restaurants and beaches in town. Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa, simply an idyllic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casas Brancas Boutique - Hotel And Spa
- Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel Buzios
- Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil