“Has potential, but shouldn't rely on amazing views.”
Review of Martin Pescador

Martin Pescador
Ranked #91 of 103 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
glasgow
“Has potential, but shouldn't rely on amazing views.”
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We stayed here for five nights after much searching. The hotel has lovely views but is five minutes in a taxi (15 realis) to centro - i.e. the bulk of restaurants/bars/shopping. The room was comfortable with a gorgeous raised bed but it all needs updating. Towels and linen were frayed and stained, the tv sound was poor and house keeping didn't come until late afternoon, despite the hotel being quiet.

Staff were professional but not particularly warm or friendly. Most had limited english which made it difficult at times. Although the hotel is small it had the feel of a larger more impersonal hotel. I feel this hotel used to be better but there has been some complaicency. Would reccommed continuing your search and trying to find somewhere more central/nearer the beaches.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kadge

Perth
Reviewed 19 August 2009

A two week stay at Martin Pescador was a great experience, I recommend it if you like that small boutique style accommodation, great location and service. We had a uniquely designed room, a view of the garden and bay from our own private deck. The beach lifestyle is all around you.

An Australian, I went for a sailing regatta with my 16 yo daughter, the venue was on the water in front of us. People we met at the Martin Pescador were interested in the surf, the best surf beach was walking distance behind.

We could walk to the sailing club along the beach to our left, you could hire boats there if you wanted. The bay in front is bounded by a large beach and a peninsular to the RHS, there are islands a little way out.

A Dutch guy and his son drove us around in a beach buggy he had hired near by. We often stayed in for meals, but went into the local restaurants on occasion, or joined in the local fun and festivities.

Having travelled to Brazil for Carnival some years back I was a little concerned about security and freedom to roam freely. I can say that security was not a concern. Some guest left lap top computors set up in the pool room or restaurant and went of to do other things.

Andrea and her staff run Martin Pescador with great attention to detail. Andrea helped with travel arrangements and when we needed medical help. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank DRELKO
Frankfurt
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I had never even heard of Buzios or the Martin Pescador Boutique Hotel until we booked this vacation on the recommendation of a work colleague - and it was absolutely wonderful! It was like a magic oasis. The design of the rooms is very stark & gorgeous. It was spotlessly clean and had fantastic views. The hotel manager, Andrea, was also super helpful with all our questions about sites, the beach, places to go and eating out.

They also had free high speed wireless Internet which was great so I could email pictures back to my firends at work (and show them what they were missing)!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Brazil
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Martin Pescador was one of the best places I have ever stayed. Not only they are really nice and polite, the hole hotel is something. There isn't any noise, any disturb, any unconfortable. Not only I could rest, I also could find some peace. That's the best place to scape from the big citys and find something that is desappering - sea sound, soft wind and great food.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Bergen
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Due to the negativity in one of the reviews here I asked for to see the room before checking in. It was a luxury room and I did not need a second look, I was in.
I had room 15, The best for to see the sunset and what a sunset.
This is one of the best places to stay in Rio Janeiro areas for people who enjoy tranquility and needs to charge their batteries. Close to a nice group of restaurants and Buzius with all their restaurants a short drive away.
The staff did for em a godo job, even I had some special request. Freindly and also one of the spoke fluent english.
All I can say is that I'll be back for more.

• Stayed June 2009
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I never saw before a peaceful and magical place like Martin Pescador Boutique Hotel. I recommend to everyone who wants privacy, contact with nature and sofistication. In the first morning, I woke up and saw a beautiful view of the sea... wonderful!

When I was there, the hotel´s staff told me that Martin Pescador organize weddings. I´m starting to plan my wedding now and this hotel can be a good place.

Thanks everyone from the hotel for share beautiful moments with me.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed 3 June 2009

After working at hectic pace for a major media company for 14 years, I decided to leave to start my own small business. But, first, I needed to take some time off to relax and get re-energized. So, I booked a trip to Brazil for 10 days, splitting time between Rio de Janeiro and Buzios.

Since I don't speak Portuguese, I was a bit apprehensive about traveling two hours outside of a major city in Brazil, but I had no problems. As the driver approached the Martin Pescodar, my first reaction was, "oh my God, what a phenomenal view!" I arrived just in time for a breathtaking view of the sunset. Simply incredible.

They serve a Brazilian breakfast each morning, including the great Brazilian coffee. In the mornings, I would take a walk along the narrow beach (only when the tide is out). Then, I'd take a cab for the short 3-kilometer ride into Centro, which is the main part of town. Centro features a combination of stores, bars, restaurants, clubs, ice cream shops, etc. You can also take a boat ride from Centro to the hotel.

This was the right spot for me to chill and get away from the hustle and bustle. The staff was quite attentive.

To be candid, this is not one of those fancy spots, like the Fasano or Copacabana Palace in Rio de Janiero. There's no spa or fancy restaurants. But, if you're looking for privacy and relaxation, this is a terrific spot.

I will go there again during my next visit to Brazil. And, I've been recommending it to my friends. Oh, and I was able to write the foundation for the business plan for my new venture -- so the Martin Pescodar will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo