“Worst customer service experience - AVOID!”
Review of Brava Hotel

Brava Hotel
Ranked #95 of 105 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I signed a contract earlier this year for my wedding to take place at Brava Hotel. I was told by the old manager a few months ago that there was to be new management and that the new management would take over my wedding. I finally reached the new manager 2 weeks before I left for Brazil. She said the pool area was under contruction and they were not sure if they could do the wedding. She said she'd call back the following Monday - she didn't. I called her & she guaranteed 100% that the pool would be ready, but that I would now have to pay to rent the hotel to use for my wedding, and that I would have to write a new contract since the old one was null & void. Basically she wanted me to organize my wedding in 1 week & pay more for it. And when I asked about getting my money back (50% deposit) on the rooms (we reserved 10 rooms) & for the event, she told me I'd have to get it back from the other owner. So the hotel was actually sold & no one informed me.

I was able to organize my wedding at another place; however, a few guests decided to still stay at Brava Hotel because they were afraid they would lose their deposit. When they arrived the entire hotel was under construction & the pool was not completed. Nor were any of the guests notified by the hotel that construction was going on.

This was the worst customer service experience I've ever encountered. It almost cost me my wedding. I believe this hotel is changing it's name, but beware!! The management here (both old & new) are only interested in taking your money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank leblon16

Reviewed 10 May 2010

I was quite spectacle at first because the site had perfect pictures so I took the chance to come and visit. I must admit, it was everything and more. This place is MAGICAL and very ELEGANT!! The view from the pool was exuberant. The best part was the large variety of liquors and champagne the hotel had on the menu ;) Breakfast was for sure very health and fresh. Diner was splendid, I had the fish and my husband had the fillet Mignon in which was cooked perfectly, finger licking good. My luxury suite was super elegant and it had a very sensual touch to it. We had the pleasure to meet the manager and she spoke fluent English and was very accommodating to our needs. Overall, this was the best money ever spent and I plan on coming back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NINA2012
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I was at Brava Hotel last month and I still got the peaceful feeling of the place.
The atmosphere over there made me feel as if my wife and I were in one of the best resorts in Europe having our honeymoon!
Never thought we were gonna find a place of Brava Hotel level in Buzios.
The hotel infrastructure is outstanding; it has the most delicate and finesse of the European taste but in a place that is almost like the Caribbean, What else could we ask for??!!
We never thought we were going to have such a great time down there.
The hotel staff is another thing we have to make a point of. Their warm and hospitality made us feel at home and we did not have to worry about anything but to make the best of our time.
Brava Hotel is a high recommendable place to stay and enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lisa1979California
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Folks, I booked the Brava Hotel Buzios just from knowing their website for me and my wife for having a new years trip.
I booked a loft for 400 US$ per night. The bath was like a jouth hostel, dirty and not luxurios. The buttons on the leather couch was loose and rusty. one of 2 telephones was not working. The loft was announced with WiFi - there was a wifi router but no(!) cable in the wall for internet - from where should the internet original coming from - no internet! The bed plankets were stinky. The food was horrible - a salmon carpaccio was convience food from the super market. The beef fillet was a sole of a shoe. The waiters dont know nothing about food and wine and forget 50 per cent of the order within seconds and come to ask again 4(!) times. The reception was a mess. The guy at reception dont pay attention for guest and let us and other people wait and made telephones calls with friends. The manager is an argentina guy wich speaks no english and has no computer. The reception is long sloping stairs away from parking lot - but nobody help me and my wife with the luggage. This is a 5 star hotel?? This is the badest experience of a hotel I ever made in my life!! We stayed their 1 night and stay the rest of our time in another hotel. Dont look at their nice website - its all a lie. This hotel dont deserve any guests more!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank orish1
LaGeneracion, Director de marketing at Brava Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2009

The hotel service is great and the assistants are awfully kind.
Thanks, Brava Hotel.

Reviewed 4 February 2009

I read various negativ sentences on this location, but I wanted to share my experience.

The hotel is nice and clean, with very design ideas, the beach is near and they offer a beach service.
You have a young atmosphere anf in regarr of other places in Buzios, the ratio price-quality is high, I really recommand to stay at this place, I personnaly stay 4 nights at this hotel and the welcome was great.

Dr Olivier Hitz, Argentina-Switzerland

• Stayed: January 2009
5  Thank olivioshka
Reviewed 2 February 2009

Beautiful boutique hotel with friendly staff, amazing decor and location. Food and drinks were excellent quality and value even though the service could sometimes be slow. The best hotel in Buzios I could see by far.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank Scotty55
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Like many of the negative reviews, I made the mistake of booking this hotel based on the website. Let me try and give as unbiased account as possible. First of all, I booked the hotel 5 months in advance. However, they didn't have my room reserved when I arrived. So, we had to split up the group and stay in two separate rooms. The place smelled awful, there were bugs everywhere, the room safe was a joke (no lock!), air conditioning was poor at best, and generally a very bad experience. Please do NOT trust the photos on the website. It truly is a sham. I will give the hotel credit for a couple things though - staff was very friendly to us despite our clear disappointment with how badly they messed us around. The breakfast was also decent. And when we packed up our things after two nights (planning on 4) to leave and check-in elsewhere, they refunded our money and were extremely apologetic. With this being said, I would never stay there again and highly encourage others to avoid it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank wrldtrvlrNewYork

The hotel service is great and the assistants are awfully kind.
Thanks, Brava Hotel.