“Two times a charm?????”

Pousada Vila Pitanga
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
Reviewed 7 March 2010

YOU BET!!!!!!! This was our second time staying at Vila Pitanga. My wife and I stayed at there in November, 2008 for the first time. That was our first visit to Brazil. We had a wonderful stay there. On our most recent (second time) trip to Brazil, we wanted to go back during the "high season". We went for 2 weeks. The first week we went to Carnival in Sao Paulo. This was totally spectacular and exciting but it was quite hectic and did not give us much time for relaxation and retreat. So, we spent our second week in Buzios at Vila Pitanga. Why not? On our first visit, Denise made us feel like we were good friends, almost like we were family. When we arrived, Denise gave us a big welcome hug and kisses. We felt like we were coming home to our beach house in Buzios. It doesn't get any better than that folks. We spent six glorious days there. We went to a different beach every day. It was totally relaxing and great fun.One improvement that I have to mention was the addition of the swimming pool (right outside our door) at Vila Pitanga. What better way to even further relax after a day at the beach than to wade in the warm water pool for an hour or so. I think we were "over-relaxed" a few nights when we didn't even feel like going out to a restaurant at night. So, the second time was definitely a charm. Will we go back again? YOU BET!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChefDonJulio

Reviewed 7 March 2010

First, Vila Pitanga is one of the few hotels I have stayed in that has not disappointed on any level. The room was clean, the bathroom spacious and the extra touches such as the hammock outside the room made times such as reading such as the sun was setting a memorable experience! The breakfast was also one of the best I have had, with the scrambled eggs and fresh squeezed orange juice particular highlights.

But bar none, the reason everyone should stay at Vila Pitanga is because of the service. I chose to stay at Vila Pitanga mainly because it is hard to find quality hotels in Brazil which prioritize service. Everyone from Denise to each person on the staff made sure my stay was excellent. In particular, when I was feeling sick on my last day, the staff made me tea and monitored how I was feeling while Denise was out. Upon her return, Denise came to my room periodically to check on me and even remembered one of her guests was a nurse who gave me some medicine that made me feel better! For Denise to have a good rapport with all of her guests and to show that she cares it light years ahead of what I would have experienced at most other locations. For this reason (among many), whenever I return to Buzios, Vila Pitanga will be the only place I will stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank t1i3a
Reviewed 4 February 2010

This is simply the best pousada in Buzios. Great value for money. Best location just 5 minutes walk from the centre of Buzios, near all the beautiful beaches. The pousada is very very clean, lovely rooms which are cleaned thoroughly every day. and a very comfortable bed. Best rooms are on the upper floor with a hammock and a lovely view. The garden and the decorations in the pousada are just beautiful. Nice warm swimming pool which is cleaned every morning. Nice and tasty breakfast with lovely fresh orange juice and scrambled eggs (best ones Ii have eaten for a long time). Lovely fresh bread rolls . Denise is very helpful and a very nice person. Her staff are very friendly too. I will definitely be returning to Vila Pitanga. This is just the best pousada in Buzios and affordable too.
Ian from Germany

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian250163
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Vila Pitanga was awesome! It was just as described. Denise (the owner) was so friendly and helpful even before we arrived. She sent specific instructions and even a map for taxi drivers. Once we got there, she was available to us every time we had a question. She’s full of helpful tips about Buzios and where to go. She also knows a lot about the area and about day trips.

About 5 minutes after we arrived, we had an emergency. We had left our camera in the taxi from Rio. Luckily we had booked through our Rio hotel and so Denise was able to quickly find out who the driver was and call him. He came right back. It was great. We would have so sad to lose our Rio photos.

The pousada is gorgeous. It’s so well tended and taken care of. It’s up on a hill and has beautiful garden and view. The road is a dirt road and that was adventurous when it rained but we didn’t mind at all. It was a short walk to Rua das Pedras and all the banks, restaurants etc. We liked that it wasn’t right on the main strip. We enjoyed returning to our room in the afternoon to the sanctuary of the peaceful garden and taking a nap in the hammock and then going out to where the party was.

The rooms were comfortable. Shower was great!...hot and strong. Everything was clean. The pousada has a fast Internet connection in the lobby/breakfast area. In the afternoons, I would take my laptop to the garden area and sit at a small table outside and check my email sipping one of the beers from the mini-bar fridge in my room…lovely.

One of our favorite things was the breakfast. Delicious eggs made to order, fresh squeezed orange juice, strong, hot Brazilian coffee, cheese, ham, fruits and a homemade cake.

This is a great quality pousada. It was exactly what we wanted. If we return to Buzios, we wouldn’t look anywhere else. We’d reserve a room at the Vila Pitanga way in advance to make sure we could stay there.

New York City Travelers

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank schosar
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Just returned from vila pitanga buzios, had a wonderful time. Denise is a very attentive hostess that makes you fell very welcome. Villa was stunning, beautiful garden and very clean.. rooms were cleaned every day, staff were very friendly. I would definately return to Buzios but would recommend to learn either spanish or portugese. Beautiful beaches all around Buzios but wld recommend Brava beach serves fabulous caprivodkas (yum yum!!) I miss them lol!!!
Lesley, Cardiff UK

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Butterfly13xx
Reviewed 22 January 2010

after few nites in rio, we decided to go to buzios. my husband and i stayed here for 3 nites. it was such a pleasant stay. u wake up with a perfect breeze and sleep with the sounds of nature. it is very relaxing and close enough to everything. u can walk to the beach or to the center of town. if u don't feel like walking (being lazy like me) u can ask denise (proprietor) to call for a cab (12 reias and thats' the cabs minimum). denise is the owner and she helps u with everything.....directions fr. rio, making reservations for hair salon, scooter,buggy, cab going back to airport,etc....nothing is big or small favor. just asked her ur questions and she's got an answer. there is also free internet service and u get a very good signal fr. the front desk, 2 bars outside ur room (we stayed on the top floor).
bkfast is decent fr. 8-11am. it is clean and basic. there is a pool but we didn't use it,why use a pool when ur surrounded by beautiful beaches?
i highly recommend this place and we'll surely be back!
thanks denise for all ur help.

tips: bring ur own shampoo n conditioner since not provided
put ur tv channel to 3 and use ur vcr remote to change channels (otherwise u wont get any channel but the home shopping.
denise will lend u her laptop but it's better to bring ur own since the front desk closes at 10:30p

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mahleen
Reviewed 21 January 2010

we had a fab time Denise is a lovely lady who makes you feel very welcome the villa is very comfortable with a stunning garden and lovely staff it is a little haven i miss it already!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends