Not much more we can say to add to the impression you will have from other reviews...this place is just perfect!
Set on a secluded beach on the beautiful Isla Grande, far away from the hustle and bustle, this is the place to go to if you want first class service from two wonderful hosts and total relaxation in a beautiful setting.
Owned by the most lovely South African couple, Sarie and Jo (and their fantastic assistant Juninho) do everything possible to make your stay as memorable as they can. After five months of travelling the world, I spent my 33rd birthday here with my wife. Not only was it the best birthday ever (the private boat tour and beautiful dinner Jo and Sarie organised helped) but it was also the most fabulous place we have stayed on the whole trip!
Anyway...I could write for ever aout how good this place is, but here are the pros and cons:
- First class service from incredible hosts
- Beautiful modern house in a truly unique location
- Only 2 rooms so personal service and privacy are second to none
- Superb home cooking from Sarie
- piña coladas from Jo!
- Snorkelling equipment for free
- day trips organised at a very good price
- beautiful private jetty to sunbathe
- the best sleep you'll ever have with great beds (and bedding) and the sea lapping under your window
- feeling like you are at home, but with all the luxury of a top hotel
- there really aren't any, unless you are looking for bars and restaurants and a busy town. You don't need any of these, but if you are not looking for a secluded paradise, this isn't the place for you!
Just go! We will be going back for sure if we make it back to Brazil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Pedra Mar is an exclusive island villa that combines the beauty of Ilha Grande with luxurious accommodation. The Vila has three luxuriously appointed suites complete with exquisite linens and towels. All the suites are private with seperate entrances and just 3 meters from the sea. The Vila is situated in a secluded and pristine part of Ilha Grande, surrounded by virgin Atlantic rainforest and fronting on 80 meters of private seafront with beautiful views of the bay and the village. It has a private jetty for swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing and docking. Vila Pedra Mar prides itself in providing personal attention and service and provides guests with 3 course gourmet dinners that are included in the price.The Vila has a private motor launch for guests to enjoy sightseeing and visiting some of the beautiful lagoons and beaches of Ilha Grande. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Vila Pedra Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Pedra Mar Ilha Grande, Brazil