“The beachfront moqueca is to die for...”

Restaurante Pe na Areia
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Ilha Grande
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant over the beach, relaxing enviroment with candle lights and live brasilian music. Speciality in seafood.
Falls Church, Virginia
“The beachfront moqueca is to die for...”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

When I describe my trip to Ilha Grande, yes I visited the most beautiful beach I've ever seen and took a gorgeous hike however it is topped off by the most delicious meal I had while in Brazil all week, moqueca at Pe Na Areia literally ON the beach. Not only was the food delicious but your table is in the sand right near the dock and on the beachfront where there is an incredible amount of quality people watching. The staff was super friendly (and even brought us out bug spray) spoke English (major bonus for the gringos) and the food was heaven sent. If I could go back to Brazil, I would go out of my way to make it to the island to dine at this restaurant again. I hear that the chef is leaving and I desperately hope that this doesn't change the quality of the food there. HIGHLY recommended!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CareInn

Long Beach, New York
“Superb Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Superb restaurant literally on the beach, you dine while listening to the waves breaking in the background. We had a fantastic moqueca de camarao (shrimp stew) served with farofa, rice and beans. The portions are meant to be for 2 people but there was plenty remaining. We also had their Papaya cream dessert which is a must have, very delicious. Great entertainment great service, great atmosphere....really was a perfect dinner in a perfect location.

• Visited November 2012