“Great place to relax and enjoy nature in a very comfortable setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sagu Mini Resort

and 1 more site!
Sagu Mini Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Ilha Grande
Staffanstorp, Sweden
“Great place to relax and enjoy nature in a very comfortable setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at Sagu mini resort from the 18 until the 22 january 2014.I was met at the pier on Ilha Grande and after a short boat ride arrived at Sagu.As soon as I arrived I knew this was where I was meant to be!
As a single lady travelling the experience is not always the best - here,at Sagu I couldn't have been better taken care of!
After 6 weeks of travelling in South America I longed for rest and peace and quiet.
My room nr.1 overlooked the garden and the sea.Large bedroom and bathroom well equiped including hairdryer and a quiet and very efficient airconditioner!!! - we did have a power cut as happens when the temps rise - this only added to the charm of the place! I also had a wonderful hammock on my patio which I used every day!
The small rstaurant overlooking the sea served very good food and good service in a most pleasant atmosphere with candlelight - I ate dinner here 3 out of my four nights.Breakfast was served on the veranda - a buffet with a good selection to choose from even eggs etc upon request.The staff were very helpful and attentive nothing was too much trouble.Tea and coffee were also available - self service- here in the late afternoon.
There was a small but pretty beach just a few metres away and the centre of Ilha Grande just about 15 mins walk from the resort.
Just as on the day I arrived, I was taken back on my last day, by boat to the pier in Ilha Grande - very sad to leave.
Thank you Paulo,Jean-Louis,Fleur(Flower)? and Peter for making me feel so welcome and at home - I highly recommend and will definately return if my travels take me there!
*One point to mention - I didn't find any hot tub which was mentioned in the info about the resort - this was NOT of any great importance to me.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Hillyanne343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Staff made very good service!
Very quite and nice ambient.
Rooms are of good value for its money for brazilian prices.
Make a reservation if you want to go to the resort's restaurant, they have not the capacities to welcome every customer they have if the resort is fully booked. The restaurants at the village 10min away are of a good value as well.

• Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

A warm welcome from iris set the tone for our holiday with excellent customer service throughout our stay. The resort has stunning views from the rooms as well as the breakfast & lounge area. Sagu was a welcome tranquil retreat from the bustle of the town. I didn't want to leave....especially after swimming with the sea turtle!

• Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel for two nights as a treat on the end of a trip around Brazil. The Sagu was perfect, and the staff were really helpful - even when a storm hit the island on our final night, cutting all power and bringing a tree down on the porch of our villa! Even with that drama, I couldn't recommend it enough. The room was great and the breakfast was perfect, overlooking the bay and the private dock - which was ideal for sunbathing and snorkeling around. Given the opportunity, we'd definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ilha Grande, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in Sagu. Beatifull rooms, very good Italian restaurant and good service. Only at breakfast service was poor, even yhough Jean Louis made a lot of effort. But we can really recommend this hotel. Electricity was sometimes an issue, but candles did a lot! We toured the island on foot and by boat, really enjoying our stay. It sure is a piece of paradise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights with two children, 3 & 5 years. The room (nbr 5) was a really nice 2-etage room with a terrace with lovely view over the ocean. In addition to nice, clean and cozy room, right by the beach, the djunge around the corner and really friendly staff, the food was excellent! An italian chef who made perfect pasta and other dishes. Also the breakfast was super. We traveled around in South America for 5 weeks and this was the best resort in the whole trip. Somewhat pricy, but it was defenitly worth it. You will not be dissapointed! / Max

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Ilha Grande is a Natural reserve that is being overly exploited at the moment, but despite the crow on the Island, Sagu is placed in a way where you do not see the massive amount of people that is hitting the Island. Still on Vila Abraão but far enought to have peace and quiet.
2 Beaches are nearby, Praia da Biquinha on the left side of the Pousada and Praia Comprida on a short walk to the left of the Pousada. The welcome was done by Jean Louis and he takes the time to provide all the info about the place. Very helpfull and aproachable if you have any question or concerns about the place. In matter of fact all the staff is very friendly and provide a great service. As Brazilians we have a knack for Coffee and upon request we got some hot watter boilled for us so we can make our own coffee. Of course it will be a great Idea to have a coffee machine so we can brew it (on the rooms) or a Keuring on the comon area.
Breakfast was good, cakes and fruits and despite a little trouble on one morning (some items were missing) upon notification Jean Louis worked out the issue and the next day all was perfect.
This is as Island and you will possibly will have to cope with electricity issues but light some candles and sit with your love ona and enjoy the peace and quiet of this beuatifull little resort.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple