“It was one of the best vacations I have ever had!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ilha Grande
The Island Experience
Ranked #72 of 92 Ilha Grande B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“It was one of the best vacations I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

I thought the name "The Island Experience" was a silly name but I was wrong-it was exactly an Island Experience and a great one. The location was gorgeous. We were on our own private beach and we hiked and kayaked to other beaches and parts of the rainforest one more beautiful than the next. The personal attention was unparalleled. There were nine guests and on each hike there were three guides so the faster hikers could go ahead with one guide and the slowest hikers (me) could be last without feeling like I was holding anyone up. We had yoga twice a day-again, all levels and every night, everyone got a massage. It was the most relaxing trip I have had. The second day while we were kayaking in the middle of the ocean, I noticed that I felt completely relaxed in a way I haven't in several years and I needed it. The staff was kind and knowledgeable giving us a history of the Island and the rainforest etc. We had dance lessons and if we wanted to paint, there were canvases and paints available. The food was healthy and delicious with no alcohol, caffeine or sugar-I am the first one to hate healthy food, but this was delicious and I felt great with lots of energy for all the activities and I needed it. It was amazing. I am definitely going to go again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

Prepare for the ultimate adventure spa experience. Spiritual, Physical and Mental exclusivity bundled into one faboulous weekend.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

the island experience truly exceeded my expectations. The staff were amazing, we were looked after incredibly well, the island is stunning and the program itself offered lots of variety. All in all an amazing experience which I'd recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

Wonderful week with kind, genuine people. /the lodge is delightful and the staff the best I have ever met. Could not speak highly enough about my experience at the Island Experience.

• Stayed March 2010
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

If you're looking to detox, recharge, and kickstart a new health/lifestyle program, this is the place for you. Jam-packed days filled with yoga, hiking, kayaking, complete with a 1 hour massage at the end of each day. Friendly staff will feel like family at the end of the week. A great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of your day-to-day life.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
Lisboa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

Very good food, great yoga lessons, good massages. The walks maybe a little strenous as you spend most of the time climbing. The guides and the owners are very nice people, always ready to help you along, always smiling.
I had a great time and I recomend the place for a healthy holidays

Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

I really can't recommend staying here enough - whether you go for a week to get in shape or just for a few days to enjoy the setting.
Like other people have said the people who run it are incredibly generous and warm and this along with the wonderful food and beautiful setting - make it a very special place.
I have a thing about not going back to places, but I really hope that one day very soon I make it back here.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Island_Martin, PR at The Island Experience, responded to this review, 3 July 2009
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we are glad to hear how much you enjoy your stay at The Island Experience!