“A marvelous and a lovely place surrounded by the nature of the Mata Atlantica and admirable hosts Adriana and Christophe”
Review of Voila Bistrot

Voila Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 994 Restaurants in Paraty
Price range: US$45 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant opened in 2007 in the area of Ponte Branca (6 km from downtown), it has 7 tables and capacity for up to 20 people. The kitchen is headed by the Parisian Chef Christophe Legond while the room is up to his wife, Adriana. The menu features some classic French cuisine and some copyright options. The starters are single and the main dishes for 2 people. Due to the small structure and size of the room, does not accept groups or children. Bistrot with romantic atmosphere, candlelight and French music. It works only on weekends (Thursday to Saturday) and eventually (with reservation, high season or local events) on other days and times. It is recommended to book in advance.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Since more than three years now I am a frequent guest and visitor of Voila Bistro and never ever I was disappointed neither by the quality of the fresh and tasty food nor of the very warm and charming hospitality of the owners Adriana and Christophe. I am living in the city of São Paulo for many years and I frequently dining, among others, in French Restaurants. I really can say, that Voila Bistro is for me one of the best French Restaurants in Brazil. The menu is well sorted and changes frequently according to the seasons, not to many dishes, which always guarantees fresh quality of the food. The wines are carefully selected by Christophe, and harmonize perfectly with the individual dishes.

I really cannot share the opinion of the reviewer “jbarchfield” and I totally disagree. As many of other reviewers of Voila Bistro I would say "Prepare yourself for the best".

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Christian K
Adriana L, Proprietário at Voila Bistrot, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Christian,

We are very honored to receive a second evaluation in this website. Contrary to what we can imagine, habitues customers are not the easiest to please, it is always necessary to repeat the dose, and also the most difficult to surprise them. And it seems, we got this done each new visit (which are already more than 10!). Thank you for every one of them, itis always a great pleasure to welcome you in our home. Come back whenever you will have to recharge the batteries.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
“AMAZING! - Memories to last a lifetime...”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

OK - so I meant to write this review a long time ago and feel awful that I've waited this long but I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this restaurant. I have never written a review on tripadvisor before but felt it extra important that I write about Voila Bistrot because the experience was so special. My boyfriend and I traveled to Brazil for our birthdays and he surprised me with reservations at Voila Bistro for my 28th birthday. We were there during off season so we happened to be the only people in the restaurant that night. The owners opened up special for us because they knew it was my birthday and we had made the reservation in advance so they were happy to accommodate us.

The owners were the sweetest couple ever! The wife was our server and the husband was the chef and they were just served/cooked with such pride in their work - and they have every right to because the food was absolutely delicious. They made sure we ordered, ate and drank well. It was the most special birthday I can ever remember. I cannot thank Voila Bistro enough for the wonderful meal and experience. I will treasure it forever!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MarissaR453
Adriana L, Proprietário at Voila Bistrot, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear marissa,
It was with great happiness (and surprise!) that we just read your review. You took time to do it, so we did not expect to receive news. Anyway, thank you for all your feedback. We often say that guest satisfaction is our greatest reward. So today we're millionaires, since you seem to have thoroughly enjoyed your evening with us. If one day you have an chance to travel to Brazil again, come to visit us in Paraty. It will be a pleasure to see you one more time.
London
“fantastic; and I thought the British were eccentric”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is decorated as a French bistro / dining room – three kilometres west of Paraty on the road to Cunha; jump in a taxi and come here for a treat; it’s not cheap but the quality is excellent. Even an unusual French CD playing. Brilliantly presented to add character and atmosphere. My starter, a superb terrine with onion and warm French bread followed by a large helping of sea bass with rice served on a hot plate (I didn’t have to ask for the hot plate); finally, crepes suzette cooked in Grand Marnier, together with half a bottle of very dry Chilean Casablanca Sauvignon Blanc came to cost per person BR155.00 (circa UK£52.) Worth the money; superb. Ten minutes by car from Paraty; if you drive here they have off road parking – the restaurant is attached to Pousada Caminho do Ouro.

• Visited March 2013
Adriana L, Proprietário at Voila Bistrot, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear British,
Thank you for your review on this website. We are very happy to hear you. We realize that you were surprised at our place and gastronomy. Fortunately we were able to surprise you! If you have a new chance, come visit us one more time. It will be a pleasure to see you again!
Paraty, Brazil
“Our Favourite Restaurant in Paraty”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My wife and I live 10 Km from Paraty and have been regular visitors at Voila Bistrot for about 4 years. It's our favourite restaurant in Party..........The Best. Christophe and Adriana are marvelous hosts and the atmosphere is friendly and romantic. We both usually start with a Caipirinha as an aparatif with the local cachaca, Maria Isabel. Often on the deck overlooking the waterfalls in the river. My wife often has it with Tangarine and I with traditional Lemon. While we enjoy our aparatifs Christophe opens and decants our choice of wine from his excellent list. We then move into the romantic restaurant to eat. Christophe's French style food is 'mouth watering'. I often start with his Duck Pate and my wife his Shitaki with a Gorgansola sauce. For our main course we both usually have his Lamb chops served 'pink'.........perfect. We seldom eat deserts but I understand Christophe's are very good. We often take our children 8-12 and Christophe satisfies them at a reasonable price. Overall the prices are 'up market' but well worth the cost. Regina and Philip

1 Thank 896884
Dear Mr. Clarke,
Thank you for your review on this website. We are very happy to hear you, habitué in our restaurant so long time. We look forward to your next visit!
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing restaurant gem!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I was very happy to find this great french bistro whilst visiting Paraty. We had a table by the window which gave us the view of the river. They really know how to make us feel welcome and special. We could not decide on what to have and asked a recommendation to the chef Christophe who came to our table! what a treat! This experience was really unique. We had as a main a fish called "robalo" with whilst rice which was superb and as a desert the creme brulee and it was 10 out of 10!! Will definitively recommend it to friends. Many thanks for providing us a great night!!

1 Thank LondonNicolaLondon
Dear Nicola,
Thanks for your comments on this website. We are very happy to hear you, it seems you had enjoyed our place. So, come visit us one more time and it will be a pleasure to meet you again.