Le Gite D' Indaiatiba
US$76
US$109
US$183
US$95
Pousada Bambu Bamboo(Paraty)(Great Value!)
US$44
  • Pool
US$74
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2012

It was a tremendous surprise to visit and enjoy the Le Gite! A friend told me about this place and we're in Paraty, so we decided to visit it. No doubt, we decided to stay 2 more days in this awesome, quite and passionate hotel. Nature lovers will be amazed with their waterfall.
We rent the LOFT2 and it was amazing, really beautiful room.

The food is an issue apart.
We loved the Fish with Palmito sauce. Their restaurant wins a national prize every year!

Totally recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I had the perfect break I needed. I stayed initially in Paraty historic centre to visit the town and then headed to Olivier & Valeria' Gite for a wonderful relaxing time: swimming at the waterfall, sauna, few lengths at the pool, enourmous delicious breakfast, gourmet lunch and dinner. Easy access to treks to the jungle. The company of Valeria and Olivier was lovely. Well I would go back anytime!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This place is a kind of romantic rustic refuge, where one can chill out for a pair of days, surrounded by the rain forest, the birds songs and a nice waterfall right below your room. You'll be honored by the owners' and its family's very best vip attention, will have the opportunity to experience great french food with a brazilian touch and relax at the intimate library and balcony. In my opinion, that is a bit remote and things (facilities) could be a bit more comfortable, but I'd not consider that exactly a drawback, because that was not what we were looking for in that trip.

Room Tip: You can choose rooms closer to the waterfall or closer to the main house (where are the library and the main balcony and where meals are served), which I'd better reccomend for elderly. Consider that.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GUSDALI
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Le Gite is a beautiful place to stay if you want to 'get away from it all' for a few days - highly recommended!

I travelled by local bus from nearby Parati and walked up the (steep!) hill to the Gite. The friendly welcome from Olivier, his wife and their dog, Naomi was much appreciated!

I stayed in 'Suite 1' which had a beautiful balcony view into the rainforest, and the sound of the waterfall below added to the natural feel of the setting. The room was fairly small, but clean and nicely decorated.

There isn't much to do here, but that's the main attraction! Long walks in the forest, the pool, the waterfall, the sauna, amazing views... simple but pleasurable activities.

The food at the restaurant wasn't cheap, but the quality and taste more than compensated for the high price. The breakfast included with the room was excellent - lovely fresh produce and generous portions.

From the friendly e-mails when booking the Gite, all throughout my stay, and to Olivier kindly giving me a lift back into Parati at the end of my visit, my stay here was (unfortunately brief) but very enjoyable.

If you're visiting the beautiful town of Parati you should definitely set aside the time for a couple of nights here as a very pleasant contrast. Swap the sea and old architecture for some time in the rainforest!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This place is in the middle of nowhere - which is both a positive and a negative point. You feel in the middle of the jungle, which is exactly what you are, but it takes a long time to get there from Paraty - if you don't have a car, a taxi will be around 80RS, and there's not lots to do in the surrounding areas of the Gite. But that aside, it's wonderful.

The food has already been written about - brilliant, but expensive. The sauna is lovely, and you can jump into the water at the bottom of the waterfall afterwards. The swimming pool is a long, 25m pool, with water from the spring.

We felt very relaxed after our time here - and it was cheaper than some of the hostels we stayed in in Rio!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family