“beautiful”

Ranked #108 of 296 Paraty B&B and Inns
london
“beautiful”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This hotel is centrally located and is beautiful. Would highly recommend it. It has great character, breakfast is great. I cannot wait to go back!! I stayed here for 3 nights for the first part of my trip to Brazil, and I have to say that I missed it when I went to central Rio. I travelled on my own and was very comfortable, its a safe place, the people are lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My parents and I stayed 3 nights in March 2012 and had an excellent experience. It's a small place with original building details/furniture and an excellent breakfast (lots of variety and fresh juices). The pousada is not luxurious (it does have free wifi), but it is quiet, clean and convenient (located in the historical center). I would recommend asking to see all the available rooms to select the one you like most, as it seemed the room sizes and condition varied a bit. Jules was very helpful, especially during a blackout due to rains, checking up on us and bringing us candles for our room, and helping to carry our luggage to a taxi upon check-out. (If you have rolling luggage, I'd definitely recommend you carry it or take a taxi to/from the bus station, as the cobblestone streets can really tear up your bags!)

Room Tip: Ask to see all the available rooms to select the one you like most, as it seemed the room sizes and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Worldly_wanderlust
Cambridge, Ma
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed two nights without a reservation ahead of time. The room was clean and comfortable with A/C and a TV, WIFI. Breakfast was excellent. Service attentive and the location was perfect. Parking was in a nearby lot.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cambridge301
Florianopolis
Reviewed 6 October 2009

By recommendation of a mutual friend, we decided to try out Pousada Arte Colonial for a three night stay. Patrick, our host, a French gentleman in the early sixties, offered to carry our luggage from the nearby parked car to the guest-house. We had a quite room on the first floor overlooking garden and swimming pool. Both room and bathroom facilities were correct.

What I really wanted to talk about, however, is the breakfast. I have never had anything as good for a very long time. And I know what I am talking about, as I was a general manager of deluxe hotels for almost 20 years. There is a long, solid wooden table set up for about 12 covers with beautiful, heavy cutlery, fine porcelaine, linen serviettes, flowers and a buffet with nothing but ... quality. 10 different sorts of bread, croissants, jams, honey, a variety of French cheese, fruit, ham, bacon, cream cheese and if you wish, you can have scrambled eggs especially prepared for you in the adjacant kitchen. Any kind of fruit juice will be pressed in front of your eyes. An absolute delight! We went to another hotel after this in Rio, twice as expensive, but their breakfast wasn't anywhere as good as the one of our Pousada of Paraty.

As the same guests keep coming back all the time, it is difficult to make room reservation there, the more so, since they only have 5 or 6 rooms. So, perhaps it is a bad idea to write about it the way I did, as we may not get a room when we wish to return the next time, but that is - as they say - the way the cookie crumbles ...

Friedrich Welke, Florianopolis, Brazil