Vivenda Paraty
US$95
Eliconial(Paraty)
US$103
US$99
Pousada Bambu Bamboo(Paraty)(Great Value!)
US$44
  • Pool
Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty(Paraty)(Great Value!)
US$36
  • Pool
US$74
Orbitz.com
US$396
US$264
US$352
US$320
All reviewsthe perfect hosthost johnold towneach morningplace to stayyogurthis passionan oasisprivate terracethe main houseour honeymoontropical gardenown homebeautiful pousadalovely poolswimming poolgreat company
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Pousada Vivenda is probably the nicest place I have ever stayed at. The accommodation is tip top perfect, extremely nicely decorated and the cleanest ever. And on the top of it all, you get the breakfast served at your own veranda!!! Also, the owner, John (who is always around smiling), does everything to make your stay impeccable, including booking trips and giving advice on restaurants. However, the pousada is not located right in the center (approx. 10 min away) so you do have to walk a bit to get around. Nevertheless, I think staying at Pousada Vivenda is well worth a little bit of walking. This was definitely the king of pousadas during our trip in Brazil!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Pousada Vivenda is an oasis of tranquility, where you can easily while away a few days relaxing by the pool or in a hammock. The rooms are exceptionally comfortable (in a light, roomy sort of way), tastefully (and understatedly) decorated, John, the host is charming, and the breakfast is sublime. In case you do manage to actually leave the premises, the centre of the old town is a leisurely 10 minute walk (along the river) away. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful four days at the Pousada and Paraty.
John is a very attentive host,great company and always has suggestions to do interesting things...Made our stay unforgettable...
We arrived Rio and John helped us to organise transport Rio-Paraty-Sao Paolo.
Comfortable and safe.Enais is a good driver.
Pousada's location is good.Quite and short walk to the center.
Pousada Vivenda full of charming details,chic,comfortable and cosy...
Marcia prepares delicious breakfast and serves to your private terasse....
There is a good selection of DVD.It is a perfect place to relax....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I loved Paraty! Great food, great shopping, great architecture, great beaches and above all safe! As two young women traveling together there were times in Salvador and Rio that we wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. This town was a wonderful contrast to others we visited. Reminded me of a Brazilian Laguna Beach, CA., we liked it so much we booked an extra day! If was really nice to walk around and explore this beautiful sleepy town.

Our stay at Pousada Vivenda was great like all the other reviews say. John is the host with the most! His pousada is picture perfect and he is friendly and charming. He gave us great tips on restaurants, daily activities, and even helped us out when no atm in the whole town worked with our cards! ( Bring some spending money with you if possible as he said it happens from time to time) He made us feel like a spoiled guest in his home, plus he makes a mean caipirinha! I would go back in a second if I could... but I think I'll practice my Portuguese first.

(I posted pics but they went out separately, sorry!)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We have just left and all i can say is GO GO GO ...you will LOVE IT!!!!
It is a very nice place and the owner makes it PERFEKT for everyone. I can not rekomend this pousada enough and belive me i do not like every hotel i stay in and I have travelled all over the wold.
In fact this is the best for all the pousadas/hotel I have stayed in Brazil (stayed at hotel Santa teresa and villa Pitanga in Rio, Pousada Pitanga in Buzious,The island experiance in Ilha Grande) and all the mentioned are also the best rated on Tripadvisor in their area.
Still the 5 days with John in Pousada Vivenda was the BEST!!!!!! I wish for everone that reads this that the pousada Vivenda not is booked when you are in paraty.....

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family