“Enjoy the "feijoada" at this small but nice place”
Review of Casa da Feijoada

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ipanema
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Located in Ipanema area this smal but nice restaurant serves basicly "Feijoada" at Carioca style. Ask for "carnes nobres" and the drink of the house ("cachaça" of lemon and Maracuja). The quality of the Feijoada is very good and after some cahaça drinks you will feel more carioca for sure. There are always peolpel waiting outside the restaurant for a table so go early (12H) or late lunch) and enjoy.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Feijoada is the traditional national Brazilian dish -- based on black beans cooked with meat, usually pork, and served with hunks of meat, vegetables, and a variety of side dishes including farofa, the fried manioc (casaba root) that Brazilians love. We were very disappointed in our attempts to find restaurants serving feijoada on weekdays -- many places only serve it on Saturdays or Sundays. Casa da Feijoada, a delightful, old-fashioned place located very close to the Ipanema metro station, serves it every day. Of course, if you want other traditional Brazilian fare, this restaurant is happy to oblige. There is a menu filled with excellent options. But feijoada is its claim to fame, its raison d'etre, and it would seem strange not to try it here. The service is wonderful, friendly, and old-fashioned. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at this wonderful place.

1  Thank Rick049
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a really nice meal at Casa da Feijoada. I was eating alone so the wait staff were attentive and friendly and even dished out my meal for me from the serving bowls brought to the table.

The price was a little high but worth it for sure!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Located on the edge of Ipanema next to the Praça Geral Osório, and near to Copacabana, Casa da Feijoada has no peers when it comes to Brazil’s national dish, which is customarily eaten on Saturday. Here it can be had any day of the week, served with a flourish and with as much explanation as is wanted about what is being served. Drink one capirinha (but no more if you are wise) with the feast.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had lunch here today. Knowing only I had to try Feijoada while in Brazil I asked my hotel staff where to go for good feijoada and this is the place they suggested. I walked in around 3pm on Wednesday and there was plenty of seating available. I was on my own and the waiter worked with me on my horrible Portuguese and when I couldn't come up with the words he was more than happy to speak english. The other waiter there was nice but distant, I think his english wasn't as good. I never saw a price tag, figured it would be somewhat pricey but I also told them as I walked in I was looking to try feijoada for the first time, no need to look at a menu. There was enough food for at least two (I'm a 6'2" 200lb man) It's 7 hours later now and I'm still full. I also had the coffee which I'll load a video of, it was the best coffee I've ever had! (I'm not a coffee drinker unless it's a Starbucks soy & sugar with a hint of coffee kind of drink) I wish I knew where to buy the maker and the same coffee, it was that good! Afterwards I walked Ipanema and Copacabana beach back to my hotel, it was a good day!

2  Thank 11Archer11